I just don't get it...

I’m talking to this woman today about a horse. I’m buying, and want to know when I can bring the money by. She says by 3:00pm (it was 2:20pm at the time) I say I don’t have the time right now, what other time would be good. She says tonight. I say okay, what TIME tonight? she says 3:30. What tha? I say TONIGHT, what TIME? She says well, her kids get home at 3:30. AGAIN, what tha? This went on for about 20 minutes, when I finally told her that if she could figure out what the words “what time would you like me to come by, this EVENING” meant, she could call me.

Does anyone else deal with crap like this? I mean, what is going through people’s heads that simple questions are not answerable to them? I swear to god sometimes if you ask someone if they like red or blue the best they would have to go on and on about teal.

I just don’t get it.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice - Albert Einstein

I have an exceptionally low bullshit/stupid shit tolerance, and don’t put up with this. I am aware of the serious cognative short comings of many people, most in customer service. I’m just blunt, and would not have repeated myself more than once. You did commendably well in my opinion, you should get a bozo button. These people must be put down, permanently.

“Here’s your sign!”

Definitely! This is why I didn’t reply in that thread that talked about the power to kill people by saying “goodbye, goodbye.” I would WAY over use it. :slight_smile:

trisha

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice - Albert Einstein

I am of the belief that there is a finite amount of intelligence in the universe. There HAS to be a Dan Quayle born for every Einstein that is created. It may suck, but remember, “they” make “us” look that much smarter.

ahhh…then I’m am a master piece of intelligence!

trisha

I WAS going to correct “master piece”, but on second thought… ;).

two words on purpose, my darling Slythe :wink:

Perhaps you could swing by at 3:45? No? How about 3:50? Well, I MIGHT be able to pencil you in at 3:55.

LOL

Topolino, you KNOW her, don’t you?

I think I know her sister :wink:

I know some woman whom I was planning on helping move. We were going to start hauling her furniture to a place across town at 8:00 one Saturday morning–but she called at 8 a.m. and the landlady said she wouldn’t be ready until 10:30! And the friend had rented the U-Haul truck only until noon!! Hel-lo…