I just saw Christopher Walken playing a psycho

Angel Gabriel!

The movie is “The Prophecy.” I don’t know how many of the archangels have been protrayed in movies, but Walken’s Gabriel packs quite an attitude in this one.

Christopher Walekn playing a psycho? Noooo. Next you’ll tell me you saw Juliette Lewis portraying white trash.

I can’t imagine Christopher Walken playing a psycho. He usually chooses roles which are cuddly, sweet and definitely kid-friendly.

There’s something unusual bout Christopher Walken playing a psycho?

If a plane containing Christopher Walken, Tom Noonan, Jack Nicholson, Joe Pesci, and Bruce Dern went down Hollywood would be in trouble, because they couldn’t make anymore psycho movies (years ago, Anthony Perkins would’ve been on board, too, and not just because of “Psycho”).

Similarly, I think they have a law forbidding Robert de Niro, Paul Sorvino, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci from flying in the same plane. They want to be able to make Mafia movies, too.

Walken playing a psycho? Are you sure it was Christopher Walken? And when did this movie “The Prophecy” come out? Is it national release yet or selected cities? :wink:

My favorite is still “Things to do in Denver When You’re Dead”.

BUCKWHEATS!

Walken was great in Prophecy! What a smarmy, creepy, ewwww angel! I loved it.

The sequels were also pretty good, as sequels go anyway.

Didn’t see The Prophecy; I liked Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead, but DANG did it get raked over the coals! I do appreciate a good Christopher Walken movie (Last Man Standingor his cameo in Pulp Fiction), but it’s hard to watch too many of his movies in too short a time period, because he does tend to play the same character over and over and over and…

Of course, the same might also be said of:

Al Pacino
Jack Nicholson
Robert DeNiro
Christian Slater
Winona Ryder (love ya, Winona!)
Bruce Willis
Michelle Pfeiffer

Even John Malkovich, for God’s sake, often comes off as typecast. Maybe there’s something about Hollywood that does this to actors.

Cal, I don’t want you to forget about Vincent Dinofrio (sp?). He’s got some serious potential as a wonderful typecast :).

When I saw the title of this thread, I imagined Christopher Walken holding Anthony Perkins like a guitar, and strumming him.

Of course you recall the Simpsons episode where Christopher Walken is reading Goodnight Moon to a bunch of kids and they all keep scooching back. :slight_smile:

I have posted before, in another thread, that I once saw a movie (don’t recall name) with CW playing the father to Sean Penn, who, in turn in dating Mary Stewart Masterson (ungh!). Seems CW is a big time tractor theif, etc. and he takes his son (threatening to expose him) and MSM into a field where he simply kills MSM. The entire scene (and the ones leading up to it) truly show CW as the evil he portrays so well.

That was “At Close Range” (1986).

As long as SNL keeps bringing him back to play “The Continental,” I am not too concerned with what else he does.

Now, if you will excuse me, I shall partake of some fine champagne.