I just want a fucking address! (Lame)

I must be old. All I want is my ex-husband’s address. I think he still lives in this area. It didn’t strike me as a difficult thing to do: look him up in the local white pages.

First, I go to whitepages.com since the computer is on. They have him listed (thankfully, he has an unusual name). It will be 30 fucking dollars to get his mailing address!

Next, I go looking for the printed white pages - we’ll do this the olde fashioned way. Not a copy in the gods-damned house; there isn’t even a copy in the local library. Why? Because the information is available online now! Isn’t that just fucking grand? What I used to get for free is now only available for a fee.

I’d hate to spend another cent on my sorry-ass ex, but I may have to.

How the fuck do identity thieves do it? More motivation I guess.

Does he own his home? If so, you may be able to get his mailing address through a county website. I think you are in Colorado Mouse, this is the kind of stuff I do (county website). If you share the name of the county, I’d be glad to look for it real quick and let you know if it’s available for your county.

Thank you for the generous offer. I don’t think he owns a home. His credit was pretty messed up when we split. Just in case, can I email you what I know?

Thanks.

Have you tried Zabasearch.com or anywho.com?

Sure thing.

Don’t forget to include the County (it is Colorado, right?)

I just tried them. They both send me to intelius.com, their $7.95 fee is a little easier to swallow. I’ll keep looking.

Remember boys and girls: Procrastination is a BAD thing.

Why don’t you call and ask directory assistance? If they have his number they’ll have his address also.

:smack: Why didn’t I think of that!

ETA: Just tried it. He has a private number, so no other information is available.

$30 doesn’t seem like too much if you are serious about stalking him.

OK, OK, Mouse_Maven, you can have a fucking address, but don’t you also need to know what time I’ll be there?

I’m confused. I just went to whitepages.com and plugged in my last name, city, and state, and my home address popped right up. What exactly is the $30 for?

Eh. I’d only stalk him if I had a license to hunt asshats. He’s not worth the gas money.

As far as I can tell, he has an unlisted phone number, so anyother information is hard to get. I doubt even the sites asking for payment could give me his current address.

His name is on the title of my car. I want to remove him from the title so I can sell/trade in this vehicle one day. Now that I have some extra time, I started to look for him, and was surprized by the amount of nothing I found.

Many of those sites tap into bulk marketing databases and such making it very difficult not to be found. If he has a subscrition to damn near anything or signed up for a free service on the internet recently they probably have him.

I recently had good luck finding someone through peekyou.com

The thing is, you have to watch what you a clicking, because while the information may be free, the easiest click may be to a pay site.

The property appraisers office is a good place to look, couldn’t hurt. If his spelling is that unusual it shouldn’t be that hard to find. I’ll gladly help. Not sure if this counts as credentials, but I located a minor, after 15 years, with no mothers name, only a nickname and last name, no property, no phone info, in less than two days. Yay me! (see the Lost Daughter thread)

Do you have his phone number? Have you entered it into Google™ to see whether he has left part of his identity exposed to the world?

(Jim Rockford always beguiled the DMV people into offering up addresses based on license plates by pretending he had hit the car and was trying to offer payment for the damage. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Since he’s got an unlisted number, his address is probably also unlisted. I’ll bet you $30 that the fee is for a public records search by an affiliate of whitepages.com.

Probably a dumb question: can you contact any of his family?

He also might not have a landline at all. Cellphone numbers aren’t listed through directory assistance.

Just out of curiosity–why do you want to contact your ex-husband? And how is your post-quitting, very pregnant self doing these days?

I don’t have anything useful to add re: finding your ex, but I just had to tell you that this particular turn of phrase made me smile.

Good Luck.