I like the concept of the concept car for women

Hell, if the hood is just replaced with having the entire front of the car panelling lifting up, wouldn’t that be an advantage for those who want to tinker with the engine. That Beeb article was terrible.

It’s hard to tell if it’s the BBC writer or the Volvo spokesbeing who needs the boot to the head, but the article was pretty damn insulting. Look! The back seats fold up so you can fit in more stuff when you go shopping! Teehee. :rolleyes:

The doors are especially stupid. Imagine opening gull-wing doors in your average parking lot. Now imagine opening them while juggling a purse, a laptop bag, and a box of product samples for your next sales call. Or a diaper bag and a wriggling toddler. Oops, you won’t be transporting toddlers in this car, because the damn back seats fold up - would you feel safe putting a carseat there?

Very few of the “concepts” in this car seem to take into account the needs of real women. This is Barbie’s Dream Volvo from Mattel.

I do like the ponytail hole, though. And though I want to be able to open the hood myself, thank you very much, putting the washer fluid fill spout in an easily accessible location is a good idea. It’s not bad to get to it in the current flodmobile, but to fill fluid in our last car you needed gorilla arms and a large funnel… :o

Assuming of course that you didn’t trigger the testosterone sensor and find yourself ejected through the showroom roof.

By the way, my wife says that its not truly designed as a woman’s car unless a positive charge is run through the front passenger seat while the controls to the radio are grounded.

The BMW K1200LT motorcycle is available with a refrigerated top box (that’s what you’d call a “trunk” in the car world). It’s a huge motorcycle with so much storage space that a rider and passenger can travel across the country carrying everything but the kitchen sink. It’s also available with a sound system with a six-CD changer, and heated seats for those cold days.

The bike is looked upon with some derision in the motorcycle world. The joke is that the “LT” in K1200LT stands for “Light Truck.”

The Guardian’s take: small and smooth and well-rounded, like a half-sucked lozenge… I wonder, briefly, whether it also vibrates like a tumble dryer.