I love that peaceful feeling I get after cleaning

I literally was just scrubbing my bathroom with a toothbrush and foaming bleach.

I also was on my knees scrubbing hard to reach spots of my kitchen floor with a rag and hot water.

Then I scrubbed my living room trim and floors with pre moistened lysol wipes.

Finally ended with a good vacuuming all over.

This isn’t to say my place was a wreck to start with. I actually clean pretty regularly, though usually just a broom and vacuum.

I now have a candle lit, window cracked and a ceiling fan on low to air the place out.

Best part, I got a good workout in!

I love a clean house. Actually, I am decidedly uncomfortable when my house is dirty, but lately I just don’t have the energy to do what needs to be done. I still keep up the surface, but a cleaning like you described is way overdue.

I’m in decluttering mode. Hobby supplies multiply faster than rabbits. Once the clutter is gone, then the cleaning will start. There’s only so much that can be done with a partly finished basement; but with the floor clear and all the hobby stuff containerized, it’s not too shabby.

Good for you!

There’s two-whole-bucks in it for you if you’ll do my bathroom & shower next. :wink:

Good for you! I feel that way too. I can relax for another week or so.

I was supposed to clean today but I just wanted to sit at home and do nothing. So it still hangs around my neck like an albatross. Sigh.

I just read the book “The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up”, and I feel like it’s changed my life. I’ve been on a huge decluttering spree, throwing out everything that doesn’t “spark joy in my heart.”

I’ve been digging in to all of those neglected drawers and closets, and the effect has been almost addicting. I feel a billion times lighter and freer.

I use a potato brush rather than a toothbrush.

I’ve found Magic Erasers can tackle things they don’t tell you about in the ads. Great job removing stains on grout. Grout! And I even took one to an old cook pan that other stuff hadn’t cleaned up, and the Magic eraser cleaned out 90% in a lot less time than anything else.

I’ve been decluttering. I hauled out boxes of papers. I get so much mail and newspapers, it’s an issue every week. Then I cleaned out my end of year files to go to the industrial shredder.