I love the OneBox feature!

I tried to drag this image from my computer, but it didn’t work.

Lovely. Who painted it? I can’t make out the signature (“Abidinbixr”?).

It worked great. It’s beautiful!

I think s/he meant s/he first tried dragging, and when that didn’t work, s/he tried another method that did work.

I have this image stored in my computer. I used it as a wall paper. But I had to post the internet link to view it here, because dragging it from my computer folder was rejected with a no pictures allowed message.

ETA: it is: Calm Sea. Landscape with fishermen, 1887 - Ivan Aivazovsky

Thanks!

Someone in this thread said they could post images from the internet, but no one talked about posting images from a computer.

Got ninja’d on that.

I tried this, but it didn’t work. Using the internet link did the trick. :slight_smile:

I couldn’t resist trying it too. It didn’t work. It was beautiful on preview though. But the message says that images are not allowed.

Thanks (re: painting info).

Yes, it’s the same as yesterday. The image is uploaded to the board, but it won’t display.

You can delete the exclamation mark at the beginning of the markdown code and then you get a link that works, but it won’t display the image directly.

Winter trees

This is a setting that should be fixed.

It doesn’t make sense to be able to display images from elsewhere, but not images uploaded to the board.

I disagree. I think it’s fine as it is.

Fair enough. I could get used to it.

Testing it myself. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried blocking .onebox and .cooked. Blocking .cooked only blocks linked images, but not preview images on web links. It also blocks the description and the link. Blocking .onebox hides everything, leaving seemingly blank posts in some cases. How can I hide the images but keep the descriptions and links?

That includes avatars. I don’t want to see avatars either, just usernames.

Why doesn’t OneBox work for my YouTube links? Here’s a link I just put in a post in Cafe Society.

I’m putting a blank line in front:

And one space after

It looks like embedding YouTube videos is inconsistent. Checking Cafe Society, I see a lot of URLS with a space above and after with no OneBox, but I also see this post, with a nice embedded video.

It looks to me like they’ve disabled embedded videos.

I disagree with that. Videos are not a problem. And I wish they’d at least say what changes they’re making and why.

me too … I wanted to show off a new toy i bought months ago and it finally showed up but its sort of complicated explain what it does exactly so i posted a yt link that led to a short review and no box Can we get it back pleases ?