I may not die a lonely and bitter old maid, after all! (long)

You guys are being silly.

After all – it’s not the font, it’s the point size. :wink:

Yes, but this is the Internet, where the users can change things! <shudder> Absent competent implementations of CSS, what’s a poor layout person going to do?

Okay, you two… sheesh!

Well then how about this: for vacation Twicks and Sunspace can come out here and I’ll treat them to a tour of illiteracy on convenience store marquees. I swear there is a line on the application that says “are you illiterate?” Those are the ones doing the signs. Then after that you’all can look at my instruction book for my weight bench and determine how long a lease I need to be"taking a rest day at lease once a week".
And then there are the “Lag curls” WTF? where’s gobear when you need him?:smiley:

BTW Sunspace me darlin… I am the mutual friend **twicks ** is talking about. Better brush up on your paleontology buddy she’s one sharp cookie!

And people think that writing has no mojo[sup]TM[/sup]. :slight_smile:

Dunno whether we can come out there anytime soon, but how about doing some spy shots with a minicam and starting a Page of Sign Shame? :smiley: I’m sure sunspace.org can be persuaded to offer hosting facilities. And if we hook up with the Avenging Librarians, so much the better! :slight_smile:

[sub]Thought it was you, Krisfer. Even I eventually get these things. Sometimes.[/sub]

Palaeontology, hmm? twickster, there’re some real nice dinosaurs at the Royal Ontario Museum… :smiley:

<continues on shameless attempt to boost Toronto tourism numbers>

SHHH!!!

Don’t tell the little blond who (whom?) occasionally tries to push me outta bed about Dinos at the Toronto Museum! He will drag me there!! He has already decided I MUST take him to Drumheller, Alberta. DRUMHELLER! Thats right in the freakin middle of NOWHERE! Damned good dinosaur museum there as I understand it…

I know return you to your regularly scheduled flirt;)

:slight_smile:

Excuse me, people, whose thread is this? (Sheesh, leave for an hour or two to do what they pay me for and this is what happens.)

SunspaceKrisfer’s kitten is the dinosaur fan – my interest is in early hominid stuff, origin of language, etc. Not that I wouldn’t enjoy gawking at dinosaurs with you, I’m sure.

I know–that quote was for her. :slight_smile: I’m transparently manoeuvring to get you all to Toronto, so we can have a DopeFest that outshines the ones in Montréal…

Early hominid stuff. Interesting. Language origins. Kewl.

You know there’s no truth at all that Australopithecus afarensis had red hair and a funny accent, eh?

Since you seem to have missed the question, twickster, have you and your unmarried college friend thought about the possibility that you are a custom fit for each other?

Oh, me and unnamed college friend? I misunderstood the question, I thought you were talking about me and sunspace. (blushes, digs toe in floor)

No, I never thought about that. I shall do so now.

Ew – no – he’s an Orange County Republican. (shudders melodramatically) Basically we’re still friends just because we’ve known each other so effin’ long – it’s pretty much a one-phone-call-a-year type friendship where we keep each other apprised of the headlines.

The Royal Ontario Museum is excellent, excellent, excellent.

And I want to point out that I’ve met Sunspace.

[bounces up and down gleefully]

:eek: :smiley: :cool:

Ok, twickster, Sunspace has the seal of approval from both Cranky and me. Throw in Hello Again or Persephone and you will have the Michgan Hat Trick.

What more do you want? Meet him already. :slight_smile: Rick and I got a great deal on a Toronto hotel and we can point you to some cool restaurants. Trust me, Sunspace has the tour guide thing covered.

<bows>
There are other TronnaDopers who can add their expertise to the Tour Experiece as well…

Sure, enthusiastic votes from a veritable fan club of impressionable Doper wimmin – a good step, Sunspace, but your email was a trifle on the short side.

Unlike, say, the hourlong conversation I just had with suitor #1 – or the substantial emails from #3 and #4. (#2 is a flake, but we knew that in the OP.)

Gotta tell ya, sweetie – I’d prefer to stay within the faith of doperdom – but I’m sensing a certain lack of seriousness in your courtship. :wink:

twickster, I’m not sure what to say… this social stuff really is kinda difficult to me. I have little experience and no intuition to guide me. I’m sorry if I insulted you.

askheroutaskheroutaskheroutaskheroutaskheroutaskherout!

Sunspace – it’s okay. With the caliber of people you’ve got vouching for you, I’d be a fool to blow you off. Check your email.

Aren’t yall just the cutest things ever? :wink:

This is fun and it’s not even me being flirted with! :slight_smile:

Why do I feel like I’m talking to him on the front porch with a large, nosy family inside the house shushing each other to try to eavesdrop? :o