I may not die a lonely and bitter old maid, after all! (long)

Hey, twickster, keep flirting with sunspace. I’ve met him and he definitely seemed like a keeper.

Now let’s hope my sweetheart doesn’t find this post. :slight_smile:

pseudo – thank you. :o

Jimmy – Philly boy, obviously. Thanks. Let’s hope my transposing those two letters wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for Mr. Right.

Well, had a phone conversation with #3 and an IM conversation with #4 – neither said “I’ll call” – #3 said “I’ll talk to you in a few days, and email you in the meantime” (it’s the actual words “I’ll call you” that are the kiss of death, 'punha), and #4 said “maybe we could have coffee.”

If you think twickster has no sense of humor, this must be the first time you’ve run across her on the boards.

I assume you’ve just got your dander up because she gave a boo-hiss to your comment, but I can see where she is coming from. The wink wink nudge nudge stuff can get a little old on the boards, and I think, if this were my thread, I’d find it even more galling than usual to read it when I’m expressing enthusiasm and relief about this tentative process of finding and getting to know interesting, intellectually stimulating people.

Ya know dating a rabid weather fan isnt an entirely BAD thing… at least you’d know the picnic wasnt gonna get rained out

Aw come’on Cranky, yer just being … well … er … cranky!

So there!

Best of luck, twickster – I knew Papa Tiger online for a couple of years before we ever met in person, and since we lived 6000 miles apart our “courting” was kind of interesting. But I’m a believer that given sufficient correspondence, the real person shows through online well enough to figure out whether they’re at least worth bothering with.

And can the perennial editor in me note that in your “How She’s Different” section, you spelled “Entertainment Weekly” wrong, as “Entertainmnent Weekly”? (Hey, just in case Mr. Right is a perennial editor, too! :D)

Damn, and guess what I do for a living? Now that the error count is up to two, I guess I can no longer feign ignorance.

<Sunspace joins the lineup>
Hej, twickster, how’s it goin, eh?

When I saw the post about the giant colon, my first thought was, “Is that thing coming to Toronto? I want to see it.”*

Mutual friend? <raises eyebrow>

<checks out profile>

Bluesy African pop? <interested look>Tell me more. :slight_smile: I’m listening to Sigur Ros (Icelandic) at the moment…

:eek: Thank you! <vivid blush>

Don’t worry. There is no danger. As another Chooser Of Plain And Simple Food, I’m sure he will behave with honour and dignity. :slight_smile:

[sub]* Okay, that was really my second thought. My first thought as a tech writer was, “Are we talking ‘punctuation’, or what”? You don’t want to know what images the expression ‘colon cancer’ calls up in my mind…[/sub]

Best of luck to you! From my limited contact with you, you are a very smart, kind hearted lady and I hope these fellas recognize that! :slight_smile:

Thanks, Aries – and I swear on a stack of three really cool books for my adoptee that I’m going to the PO tomorrow.

Sunspace – the mutual friend is someone who’s posted in this thread who you occasionally IM with (okay, with whom you…). She mentioned once that you were IM pals, and I said, “oh, I know him from good news/bad news, he seems like a nice guy,” and she said “he is,” and I said, “well, next time you’re chatting, tell him twicks said ‘hi.’” – in other words, it was nothing.

I’m at work (and I actually have work to do), so I’ll post later about music. Or you could email me… (where’s the come-hither smile smiley when you need one?)

twickster, I’m at work too. I’ll email you after I get home tonight after Esperanto club. :slight_smile:

giggles delightedly

:smiley:

twicks! Stealing my guys! Or guy!

ummm oh HI Sunspace!
doing?
ummm nothing why do you ask???

A pair of editors? That ought to be a fun date… “Lets go correct the grammar on billboards!”
:smiley:
Just doing my part to keep you both humble!

Er, hi Krisfer! How’s it goin’?

Correcting grammar on billboards? Sounds good to me. Let’s see. <makes list> We’ll need spray paint, a long grabber pole, and balaclavas. And a lookout. Hmm.

<pause>

Maybe we’ll just go and argue about which dialect of English to use on them instead… [sub]-or. -our. -OR. -OUR! [/sub] :slight_smile:

Well, I think it would be great to go to a restaurant with someone who understands I can’t possibly begin to think about what I want to order until I find the typo that I know is on the menu somewhere.

Civilians! :rolleyes:

Oh, that’s so true! Be glad you don’t work where I do! The chef at the caf makes mistakes on purpose, I swear!

And don’t get me started about apostrophes!

Anyone else thinking you two might be custom fit for each other?

Absolutely! I 'd volunteer to write the invitations, but the prospect is just too intimidating.

:: proofreads twice, then hits “Submit” ::

What font was that? <alert look>
:slight_smile: