I miss Chumpsky.

I do, though, honestly miss him. It is rare to have such an uncompramising view to bounce ideas off of.

Yeah, he was like a brick wall.

Give me a break. Half of SD is ust DYING for some goofball to start some posts on ridiculously easy-to-refute ideas like creationism or vast pro-American conspiracy in which we can demonstrate our moral indignation and brilliance in refuting nonsense. Without people like Chumpsky, where would we be? We’d definately not have any chance for release, and we might turn on each other.

You are all in thrall to the vast conspiracy of Zinc producers! Repent, lest ye face the wrath of… ah, hell, I thought I could do it. I’ll try again later. Maybe not with zinc, though. How do you feel about the whole Queen Elizabeth runs the cocaine cartels thing?

I liked having around, if only for the hope that we could get him to shake hands with December and produce a matter/antimatter reaction of some sort.

My bad, Muad’dib. I’m preparing for a trial, so I’m frazzled, and humour isn’t being processed properly.

sua

LOL!

As the one who made and backed the charges of plagiarism that ultimately led to his disappearance, perhaps the OP should partially blame me for his absence.

However, it is unlikely that I’ll fell even the slightest bit of remorse for my actions. For as much as I might have enjoyed some of his posts and contrarian nature, once I found out that he was, in effect, doing precisely what he accused “evil capitalists” of, enjoying the fruits of someone else’s labor, he lost much of the respect I may have had for him pior to that fact.

That he then went on to try to weasel his way out of the charges, even in light of the irrefutable evidence presented, made him lose even the tiniest vestiges of credibility that were left. Taking credit for the work of others is simply not acceptable in my book.

I’ll always remember the day Chumpsky stopped posting. It was just before I started my thread titled communism=bad,capitalism=good?. I remember thinking that Chumpsky was notable for his absence. The date was around Jan 12 I believe. He never posted again after that.

Don’t they still teach fencing at the Air Force academy? According to By the Sword, by Richard Cohen, they still do in order to hone the reflexes of fighter pilots.

Admit it, Muad’Dib, Chumpsky knew where to find the good burritos, and you just want him back so he’ll tell you the secret!

Chumpsky, Chumpsky, Chumpsky!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

That may be true, pantom, but Airman Doors is, like I was, a humble enlisted man.

We did use cutlasses in Navy boot camp, though it was purely ceremonial.

Cut & thrust. That’s what my dad said they taught when he went through Navy bood camp in the '50s.

Oh come on dudes! You know that you love to hate some of the more controversial posters here. I mean sure, some of the “departed” were annoying, but wasn’t it fun to argue with them, show them up, point out their inconsistencies, Pit them, etc?

Does anyone here really think that dragging some annoying poster to the “PIT” and flaming them to a fare-thee-well would actually get said poster to change “their evil ways”? No way dude! :cool: You do it because it is FUN.

Even some of the past “Late, Great & Banned”- Wildest Bill, Satan, Danielinthewolvesden, etc- sure, annoying as all get out at times- but wasn’t that part of the fun? Don’t you guys sometimes miss 'em?

Now, myself- I am not much of a PIT poster. I only sometimes come here to inject a little “reality” & ruin a perfectly good rant. :smiley:

But- won’t you miss Chumpsky? I know I will- even though I almost always disagreed with him. If we only had "ditto heads’ that always agreed- the whole place would turn into a giant MPSIMS. And - where’s the fun in that?

As the one who made and backed the charges of plagiarism that ultimately led to his disappearance, perhaps the OP should partially blame me for his absence.

However, it is unlikely that I’ll fell even the slightest bit of remorse for my actions. For as much as I might have enjoyed some of his posts and contrarian nature, once I found out that he was, in effect, doing precisely what he accused “evil capitalists” of, enjoying the fruits of someone else’s labor, he lost much of the respect I may have had for him pior to that fact.

That he then went on to try to weasel his way out of the charges, even in light of the irrefutable evidence presented, made him lose even the tiniest vestiges of credibility that were left. Taking credit for the work of others is simply not acceptable in my book.

Daniel
giving Muad’Dib a little taste of the Chumpsky experience for old times’ sake.