I miss my mommy!

I’ve got a fever. My cold got worse and I’m at 32.3 deg C (100.7 F). While it doesn’t kill, I feel sicker than I probably am.

My wife is taking great care of me, and went and got Chicken Noodle Soup. I’m getting lots of TLC, but even at 45 sometimes you miss your mommy.

Off to bed now to get lots of rest.

When I was recovering from my last operation I got an infection and was rather sick with a high fever 102 F. I gave some serious thought to calling my Mom and asking her to come down and get me some ice cream! :slight_smile:

It is a 3 hour drive for her and only a 3 minute drive to the local convenience store for me, so I hauled my big butt out of bed and got my own ice cream. My wound was leaking and so there was blood and stuff on my T-Shirt, my hair was unwashed and I’m sure I looked pretty terrible to the locals, but I got a few pints of ice cream and went on home.

I’m sick too, but I don’t have a spouse or a mommy nearby to take care of me.

And I have to go to the dentist today.
I’m very sad about both of these things. But I think I’m going back to bed now.

Wait TokyoPlayer, 32.4°C = 90.32°F. Did you mean 42.4°C? That’s 108.32°F and that isn’t compatible with life. If you temp is over 40°C, (104°F) you need to see a doctor!

Normal temp for humans is 37.0°C or 98.6°F.

I just noticed you said your F temp is 100.7° F, that’s 38.1°C. If that’s the case, go get a cup of tea with lemon and honey and go to bed. :smiley:

Here’s a unit converter to help you figure C to F

Not illness related

A friend of mine mentioned once that just after he and his wife moved into their new house, he discovered the toilet was leaking. So, first thing in the morning, he picked up the phone and called his dad-- halfway across the country. Dad says “so, what do you expect me to do about it?” Well, nothing, really. He just wanted to whine to Daddy before he started dealing with the problem in a sensible, grown-up fashion.

When I had a temp of 108, the nurses seemed fairly alarmed, and gave me a cold drink, but no one had a problem with me walking back to my apartment a few minutes later. Was something else supposed to be done? That seemed like the second longest walk of my life. The first was the walk to the health center from the dorms.

I know how you feel TokyoPlayer. I did call my mom when I had that high fever, but told her she didn’t need to come. She did though. Hope you recover quickly. You too Lsura.

Thanks all. I wrote it wrong, it was 38.3 C which is 100. 9 F. I knew what I was doing, but just remembered wrong with I posted. :rolleyes:

The times I really miss living back in the States are when I’m sick. Of course, it’s just wanting to be 10 years old again and have a mother make it all better.

Lsura I hope you’re better today. I got some good sleep and will take off work so I should be OK.

TokyoPlayer, I know how you feel! Drink plenty of fluids as you can. I have Viral Bronchitis and I got Robitussin w/Codine in it for my cough. I ended up in the ER last Thursday night. I was aching from head to toe and I thought my head and ears were going to explode and I threw up in bed and I made Bobo call my mom to have her take me to the ER. So I guess I needed my mommy too. They had to give me 3 bags of fluids via IV obviously and we were there until 3:00 AM. I was told by the ER Doc that it wasn’t the flu but just a virus and yet my regular doc can tell me exactly what it is. I couldn’t smell or taste anything the past few days and that part sucks! I was actually able to taste food this afternoon and I am happy about that. I hope you feel better soon! :wink:

A fever of 108 should cause alarm! That is in the range that there is potential for brain damage, but only if your temp stays that high for an extended period of time. Most articles and reports I’ve seen list 107.6 as the danger line for long term damage potential.

It’s amazing how crappy even a low-grade fever can make you feel, isn’t it?

Hope you’re feeling better soon!

Yes, starting to feel better this morning after a dozen hours of sleep. If I stay up for too long, then I start to feel sick again, so I won’t be able to spend my “free” day on the SDMB :frowning:

I talked to my mom and she reminded me to drink a lot of fluids, take vitamin C, etc., etc. Still nice to know that you have a mom, even if they are on the other side of the ocean.