I miss Taggert!

It had to be the clique. Didn’t work for Kevin Nash and X-Pac, won’t work for taggert.

Um, so it’s okay to be a troll as long as it’s amusing?

:rolleyes:

I don’t think he was a troll. I think he had ideas that too many disagreed with and was banned because of it. Maybe I was whooshed, but I don’t think so. We’ll never know now will we.

C’mon. Taggert didn’t even have an original M.O. Fatherjohn did the “Let’s make up a position that’ll piss people off, then take it to extreme” thing what? a year or two ago? And he wasn’t the first.

And as to wethter he was making it up or not…c’mon again. after that “good cloth coat” crack he made it was pretty obvious. It’s like the guy had a neon TROLL sign on.

Fenris

Taggert wasn’t the first person to self-immolate on these boards and surely won’t be the last, so forgive me if I fail to shed a tear.

They really baffle me, these people who show up here, throw up essentially the same baiting posts over and over and over again, then claim martyrdom when other posters and/or the mods object. What is their point? They somehow seem to resent to the whole tone of discussion here. Hey, OK, there are plenty of pompous and sanctimonious opinions to be found littering the forums, particularly Great Debates, but that hardly seems to be reason to that the entire membership is a bunch of jerks until they prove themselves otherwise, as Taggert and many others have done.

I can’t get very interested in a debate if I feel that one or both sides is not being truthful about their personal beliefs. It seems that a large percentage of Taggert’s posts were opinion pieces on domestic politics, posted to Great Debates, and it was simply never clear what his opinions really were. When called on this by the Mods, his response was to whine about it in the Pit, and when the Mods finally got fed up with that, he opened another Pit thread that seemed to have no other purpose than to facilitate his banning.

Some trolls are simply fools who can’t recognize the strangeness of their obsessions, but Taggert was quite clearly smart enough to know the meaning of an officially warning about his posting style, and he was warned more than once. Seems to me if he actually thought there was any value to his being heard in these forums, he wouldn’t have worked so hard to get his ass kicked out.

Jeepers, talk about overanalysis. I’ll shut up now.

…and talk about lack of proofreading.

try: “but that hardly seems to be reason to treat the entire membership as a bunch of jerks until they prove themselves otherwise…”

or maybe not…

I thought it was the “McCarthy was a national hero” trolling that got him booted.

Sometimes, with SDMB intuition, you can tell which threads are going to turn into a complete trainwreck. I think we ALL saw that one coming.

I’m sorry, this is terribly off topic, but why was Gandalf banned for that one inoffensive post?

My guess is that he was a sock puppet.

Normally when you see this, it’s because the Mods/Administrators have determined that the poster (in this case Gandalf) is someone who has been banned previously and is attempting to return under a new identity.

Oh wait. It’s so obvious who “Gandolf” really is!

There is a Taggart posting on the SheThinks message boards.
http://www.shethinks.org/ubb/noncgi/Forum1/HTML/002193.html

Has it occurred to anyone that this thread is a lot like waxing nostalgic over a tooth ache?

SWABLR, that doesn’t strike me as the same Taggert. Different style of writing, and it’s spelt correctly!

Was that thread pulled? I was enjoying reading it… such fun! I can’t find it anymore. :frowning:

I found taggert entertaining, in the same way Eminem is entertaining. The rule is the same for both: never take them seriously!

Ah well, I’m sure we’ll get another one soon enough. A taggert by any other name…

I come back from a weekend and he is gone!

WEAK!!

Back to the never-ending laments about poor sick kitties and “parodies” with half the wit of our martyred hero.

“I’m gonna git them bomb doors open if’n it harelips ever’one on Bear Creek!”-- Slim Pickens, in a “never-say-die” kinda tone

That would depend on what version is considered correct. Meaning, I am a lurker here and there. He mentioned this board, it could be I was being presumptuous. No harm intended.