I need a Stuffed Mushroom recipe. Like, now...

I can’t find mine. It was awesome, I made it about 5 years ago for New Year’s Eve. I’m making them for Monday for a bbq. Anyone have a particularly favorite recipe for stuffed mushrooms?

I am not averse to doing crabmeat or somesuch seafood in the stuffing.

Cartooniverse

I don’t have one, but here’s where I go when I want a recipe - with all the choices, you’re sure to find one you’ll like.

Or not. But it’s the best I can do! :smiley:

Mine requires spinach, prosciutto, grated Romano cheese, butter, mushrooms, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Sorry, no quantities, I eyeball everything, and this recipe’s quantites are mostly determined by individual preference, anyway.

Pull the stems from the mushrooms and mince along with the garlic. Roll several leaves of spinach together and slice; this will make strips crosswise against the leaves. Saute all these together in butter with salt and pepper. Add chopped prosciutto at the end after the garlic and spinach has softened. Stuff the 'shrooms, top with the grated romano, and pop under the broiler until the cheese browns. Serve immediately.

These are really good.

6 servings or 24 mushroom caps

1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
24 large mushrooms, stems removed and stems chopped,set aside
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup onions, finely diced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 cups spinach, finely chopped
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (I use 3/4 cup)

salt and pepper, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 375 F.

2. Oil a cookie sheet with 1 tbsp oil and place mushroom caps, face up on it.

3. In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat, and allow to melt. Add onions
    and thyme.

4. When onions begin to brown, add chopped mushroom stems, spinach and bread crumbs.

5. Continue to cook on medium to high heat until tender and moisture has evaporated, @ five minutes.

6. Remove from heat. Add parmesan, salt & pepper, stir well.

7. Stuff each mushroom with filling - use all the filling.

8. Sprinkle oil over the caps. (I just drizzle a thin, quick stream from the bottle.)

9. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

(Recipe from Gail’s Recipe Swap on the Epicurious site.)

Really easy…really good :slight_smile:

Fresh mushrooms
8 oz of cream or neufchatel cheese, softened
4 or 5 slices of bacon
1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped onion or garlic
paprika

Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Cook the bacon until crisp, and drain.
Crumble the bacon, and mix it into the cream cheese along with the chopped onion. Stuff the mushroom caps, sprinkle with paprika, and broil until done.

It’s damn near impossible to hurt this recipe. I sometimes mess around with it, and add other spices just to be different…or not… it’s good either way!

Mmmmmm. These sound good. I don’t cook till tomorrow morning- keep em comin’ !!!

:smiley:

Simple and easy:

Ingredients: Butter, breadcrumbs, mushrooms, parmesan cheese (the amounts are whatever you like – eyeball it to have enough stuffing to fit).

1. Clean mushrooms. With a spoon (even better: a grapefruit spoon), scoop out the stem and gills from the mushrooms.
  2. Chop the stems.
  3. Melt butter in a pan. Add chopped stems and gills, plus breadcrumbs. Cook until soft.
  4. Spoon breadcrumb mixture into the empty mushroom caps.
  5. Grate parmesan cheese over the mushrooms.
  6. Put into an over (say, about 350 degrees) for 10-15 minutes, until the caps have softened and the cheese is melted. Serve.

You can add whatever spices and other ingredients you like to the breadcrumb mixture. Delicious.

These are recipes so much as directions, since I have no idea how long I baked these for…maybe 15 minutes at 350?

Spinach-filled Mushroom…Use a package of Stouffer’s Spinach Souffle, thawed, to fill your mushroom caps, sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top and bake until done.

Cheese-stuffed Mushrooms…Use a package of soft, cheese spread…artichoke or garlic-herb, can’t remember the brand but it comes in small white tubs in the cheese case…to fill your mushrooms, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake until done.

I’m thinking of doing more than one kind. This is EXCELLENT !!! :smiley: