I need book suggestions [urinating dog] [urinating dog]

I just read the greatest Dean Koontz…

D&R

Thank you for the answer. Someone else actually recommended that series to me as well, so I’ll definately have to check it out now.

I will not relist the stuff on the Good Fantasy thread that jmizzou linked to, but I will mention Dick Francis and Ed McBain if you are into mysteries. And second the recommend of Rex Stout’s Nero Wolfe books. And don’t forget the Perry Mason mysteries. There are a lot of them to keep you busy.

I can’t let any of these book threads pass without mentioning my favorite writer, Roy Blount, Jr. Most of his books are collections of essays printed in magazines, but just about everything he writes is as much about him as it is about the topic at hand. Reading one of his books is like sitting down and having a conversation with the funniest person you’ve ever met, who’s managed to do a little bit of everything and has an interesting story to tell about it. His books are also the only ones that can make me laugh out loud.

Most of his books are out of print (dammit), but they’re not too difficult to find used. My favorites are:
Now, Where Were We? (Getting back to basic truths we have lost sight of through no fault of my own)
Camels are Easy, Comedy’s Hard
What Men Don’t Tell Women

His latest book, Be Sweet is probably the “deepest” he’s written, but I can’t finish it, so I can’t recommend it one way or the other. It’s stull funny, but just a little too heavy for me to take without getting depressed.