I never thought I'd say this, but, DRY? We NEED a Shakespeare quote on this.

From foxnews.com: “Scientists Find Drug Paraphernalia on Site of Shakespeare’s Home”

I bet the reporter who wrote this story never in a million years dreamed he’d write something that began with, “Did Bill Shakespeare pack a bong?”

While we’re waiting for DRY to show, here’s an earlier (November) thread on what appears to be the same story: Malvolio’s not here man…

“To be, or not to be. Far out.”

-Scrap of dialogue found on a rough draft of Hamlet

“Sad, high, and working, full of state and woe,
Such noble scenes as draw the eye to flow,”

Henry the Eighth, prologue

Sonnet LXIX

Then, churls, their thoughts, although their eyes were kind,
To thy fair flower add the rank smell of weeds
Sonnet LXXVI

Why is my verse so barren of new pride,
So far from variation or quick change?
Why with the time do I not glance aside
To new-found methods and to compounds strange?
Why write I still all one, ever the same,
And keep invention in a noted weed,
That every word doth almost tell my name,
Showing their birth and where they did proceed?

Rape of Lucrece, Stanza 126

'Unruly blasts wait on the tender spring;
Unwholesome weeds take root with precious flowers;
emphasis provided courtesy of jarbabyj. That Shakespeare, he sure knew how to party.

It does explain the “and everybody died. The End.” endings to several of his plays, doesn’t it?

Maybe he was sick of thinking and writing, and had to go get some Taco Bell food. Free refills on the Mountain Dew, don’t you know.

Also helps explain the inspiration to the climax of Macbeth.

“Holy shit, man. Are those trees coming toward us, dude?”

Is that a dagger I see before me? Or, am I just tripped out on my ass again?

Milo, do you realize DRY hasn’t posted for about two weeks now? Ever since the post at the bottom of this thread

Although I know a few more details than what you see there, I don’t know for sure why he hasn’t been posting, but I would hazard a guess that his reason is related to that last post.

Anyway, maybe he’s still lurking and this will bring him back… Good luck. I’m sure there are quite a few people who miss him.

Yes, mrblue92, there are many people who miss DRY. And I am sure that he has his reasons, and I am ALSO sure that they are none of our business. Leave him alone, please. He will be back when he feels like it.

I know that you didn’t mean any harm here, but please. Let him work this out in private, as he sees fit.

Scotti

Sorry Scotti. Sorry DRY.

I hope you realize my intent here was to make sure Milo knew why he didn’t get a response. You are, of course, correct that the reason why he’s not posting is none of our business.

Even though he and I had our differences a couple times, I’ll admit that I miss him.