I pit Celine Dion

Have a heart, man. Celine wasn’t “given” to us, she was inflicted upon us. I have never had the urge to purchase one of her albums, but I know all of her songs because they’re EVERYWHERE.

If I have to hear “My Heart Will Go On” in any language, I will barf.

Robin

I agree that she is technically good, and she has a particularly impressive dynamic range. However, to me, her voice just isn’t a very pleasant thing to listen to. When she gets hold of a high note, I just want to drive nails into my skull.

I fully agree on Mariah Carey–her MTV Unplugged appearance early in her career showed off some excellent vocal mojo that deserved better than the horrific dance-pop it was later applied to.

I haven’t heard her new single yet. In fact, I didn’t even know she had one.

One of the many many blessings one can receive if they give up commercial radio.

I don’t pit Celine so much as the people who keep her in business.

“You have the power to end this!”

Did someone revive this thread from 1996? Did a thread from the old AOL board pop up here somehow?

Er… I only started it a few days. :confused:

Ago. :smack:

Hey, William Shatner is The Man, and I don’t even like Star Trek. Listen to his new album, Has-Been, and THEN tell me he sucks.

Also, Moxy Fruvous is Canadian, and they are awesome.

Yeah, it was kind of a joke on the subject not being very topical.

Brother, I am with you! Grammy material here.

And oh yeah, Celine Dion sucks. (promised myself I’d stop hijacking threads.)

I heard her new single and hated it, much like her other songs. How isn’t this topical?

Meh , Its been a while since I listened to anything of hers ,and one is willing to be that it was the Xmas song she recorded.

But take heart , it was a Faustian bargain that was made , Celine was given unto us , while Mitsou was consigned to the depths of Quebecdom.

Declan

I say we drop her over in Afghanistan to take care of the situation there.

“Neeeeearrrrrr…Farrrrrr…Wherever YOUUUUUU ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRe”

“Achmed I can’t take this…”

“Lets shoot her…”

Blam blam blam!

" Myyyyyyy Heart will go onnnnn and onnnnnn"

“Dammit…we missed”

“She’s too skinny!”

" My brain…it is spasming…I must end the pain!" :;;BLAM

"Me too!"Blam

shudder

I too have given up commercial radio but that isn’t enough.

I am satisfied that most Canadians despise the woman, but that is not enough either ! I fear your Afghanistan plan won’t work - she is popular all over the world.

Example 1: in Brazil, I was taunted by the constant repetition of the Celine Dion Christmas Album, played loudly, and nonstop, by my neighbour, for the entire month of October. (It likely continued into November but I had fled to another part of Brazil by then. Then, I was safe, except for the inescapable Shania.

Example 2: in England, I was meeting my new brother-in-law (African) for the first time. You’ll never guess what tape was in his car tape deck. And no, he wasn’t doing it as a make-the-Canadian-feel-at-home effort, either. He’s really a big fan.

There are many, many more …

Well, the fact that Celine Dion sucks has been pretty well documented for a while now…

It was kind of a throwaway joke I made, no need to analyze so deeply or take it as an insult.

It’s amazing that little old us, with our 30 million people, could make Celine Dion a worldwide superstar all by ourselves…

No.

Take it back, *take it back *, take it back!!

Hey, the Arrogant Worms more than make up for Celine!

I think I got a crush on Celine Dion
the way she beats her chest when she sings a love song
there’s something about her, makes me want to feed her
and i’d love to be mister celine dion
She’ll sing a song in english, then she’ll sing en français
both the songs will suck, but i love her anyway
she’s full of emotion, i’m full of devotion
for Celine, and i’ll be hers some day

Chorus:
oh Celine Dion, you soft rock my world
won’t you please be my Celine
I’d do anything if you’d be my girl
oh be my girl Celine

Who said I was insulted? No ill will, mate. :wink:

The Barenaked Ladies and The Arrogant Worms make up for anything.