I Pit damuriajashi and DemonTree

Oh, gods, the irritating racist fuck thinks it’s cute.

I went ahead and flagged that because frankly it’s the kind of passive-aggressive/bad faith style of one-way engagement that exemplifies so much of what I hate about GD, and these “disingenuous racist/bigoted posters” in particular. They take pot shots as they come and go, never really taking on or engaging with the substantive arguments, and so often with what amounts to mere whataboutism. They waste the efforts of other posters in a bad faith attempt to force conversations down a narrow path that they really have no interest in pursuing. In the meantime, at least, I’ll say I appreciate the sources in the current CRT thread: I always knew, pretty much from the start, that right wing pundits were mischaracterizing CRT, but because (as noted in the thread itself) CRT is something that really isn’t all that pervasive in education, I would have been hard pressed to come up with a clear-ish explanation of what CRT actually is. And I say this as someone who is currently in law school, where CRT is supposed to have originated. If memory serves, and for reference, there was a single elective class offered on it for next semester (like, a single class with a single section for the entire law school at one of the largest law schools in the country), but it’s hardly something deeply ingrained in the core curriculum.

I enter some of these threads hoping to learn a bit about a topic and there’s always a hijack like @DemonTree arguing over the meaning of “theory” in critical race theory. Sheesh.

At least @damuriajashi is getting another chance to whine about how he can’t just say black people are innately stupid.

And another chance to make every thread even remotely related to race or education all about the superiority of Asians.

Notice how he never makes this argument when the topic is about driving.

[Moderating]
Yeah, we’re not doing that sort of humor in the Pit. Knock that shit off.

No warning issued, but not by much.
[/Moderating]

drive by

I don’t think blacks are innately stupid. I think they are perfectly capable of doing as well as anyone else in any endeavor. It is the woke sjws that think that blacks are so crippled by their history that they cannot achieve anything on a widespread basis without their allyship. American blacks don’t need their help any more than black immigrants from the caribbean.

I don’t think asians are superior.

I think IMMIGRANTS are more hard working and embody the american ideal better than native born americans… on average.

I think confucian cultures have given asians a millenia long history where the only form of social mobility came through education. This created a cultural habit of making painful sacrifices for education. Everyone SAYS they value education but on average, asians from confucian cultures will make much more painful sacrifices than others.

My children will lose the hunger that being an immigrant gave me but hopefully I can perpetuate that religious faith in education that most other americans do not have.

And he just noticed the early Mod instruction about the stooges being told about not rehashing the racist superiority in education subject, thing is that it is getting tiresome that damur makes a sport of noticing the mod notes until he has already gone through several rounds with his hobby horse.

I think when the US immigration system was letting just about anyone in regardless of means, the one exception was Asians. They were excluded. I think people were brought here against their will from Africa, and so came with even less as they not only had no property on arrival, but were systemically deprived of even the fruits of their own labor. I think when the immigration system finally was reformed to not be quite so racist, such that Asian immigrants were permitted in large numbers, it also became less blind to means. To the point that recent immigrants (last fifty years) will, on average, have had to pass a higher bar for entry than previous immigrants.

But fuck you anyway for not giving a shit about reality, you lying, racist, disingenuous fuck.

Then why are always whining about how you can’t discuss the innate intelligence differences you believe exist?

Meh, you’re stupid and noone that doesn’t already agree with you thinks you have anything useful to say.

Right because my comment was about slavery. What a fucking moron.

If you could point to a few posts where I whine about not being able to discuss innate intelligence differences it would lend something to your credibility but as it is, everyone knows you are a liar.

Wow, I had misread that. Nevermind.

~Max

There are more options than “poor outcomes arise from unknown and possibly internal conditions” and “poor outcomes arise from such widespread yet evasive phenomena that the only plausible cause is collective guilt”. There is “poor outcomes arise from a lot of actual fucking racism.” For instance, it is neither structural racism nor a culture of underachieving that causes equally-qualified resumes to be dumped based on how ethnic-sounding the name is.

Read the thread here and you will see how this dumb line of yours is also pathetically wrong.

I think it’s probably this one,

“One simple alternative model is lexicographic search by employers. Employers receive so many resumes that they may use quick heuristics in reading these resumes. One such heuristic could be to simply read no further when they see an African American name. Thus they may never see the skills of African American candidates and this could explain why these skills are not rewarded. This might also to some extent explain the uniformity of discrimination since the screening process (i.e. looking through a large set of resumes) may be quite similar across the variety of jobs we examine.”

This is sometimes called soft racism. I’m not sure how to address it, maybe by hiding the name from the HR person until after they look at the resume and decide it’s worth pursuing. In the age of Indeed and Ziprecruiter it may be easier than ever to conduct large trials.

~Max

Aah, yes, India, that hotbed of Confucianism.
Or was it Thailand? No, wait, the Philippines… dang, going to get it, any second now…