I pit Doc Cathode

Hell, he needs to learn how to read, period. In one of the recent ATMB threads about whether to keep or discard the Pit, he was still going on about other posters “telling lies” about his father, that they were accusing dear old dad of the crime of stolen valor, despite literally dozens of people explaining at length that that’s not at all what those posts had been about. Once he gets something fixed in his brain, nothing short of a thermonuclear dope slap can dislodge it, and maybe not even that.

I stand by what I said in the dedicated Pit thread — his brain is wired differently. It seems clear that the thoughts in his head possess, for him, the ineffable quality of truth, whether they result from facts he has learned or ideas he has originated; he cannot differentiate. Anything coming in from the outside that conflicts with these thoughts is either an attack or a lie or both.

And I repeat that this is sad, a reason to have sympathy, and at the same time results in behavior that produces great irritation.