Because by the time you’ve hired some actors and done a quick table read of the script, it’d already be getting pretty late; I don’t see how we could wrap this up in less than, what, three days, maybe?
Cf. the scene in the first X-Files movie where Mulder rescues Scully in Antarctica, as retold by Mad Magazine:
SCULLY: How did you get here, anyway?
MULDER: Everyone’s asking that! I was just suddenly here! But don’t worry - it’s a round-trip ticket, so I’ll just as suddenly be home again!
To quote Harrison Ford, as related by Mark Hamill:
Hey kid, it ain’t that kind of movie.
Have you not heard of oxygum ?
Marine Boy!
Because they sail in the sun till they find the Sea of Green. Then it’s “live beneath the waves.”
Now the good doctor is pontificating about and advocating for the breakup of Canada over in the P&E thread regading Quebec’s election results.
Before long, we’ll hear that Canada provoked the U.S. Continental Army into invading Quebec in 1775, destroying any chance at peaceful relations between Canada and the U.S., and justifying Trump’s ambition to make Canada the 51st state.
Betcha he could cite a definitive book proving it.
Just don’t ask for specific chapters or quotes.
Definitive book? It is to laugh! Instead of that tired stunt, he’s declaring the results of a survey from thirty-one years ago as the source for his so-called information. And this is when a survey from this year is readily available.
It was even written by a fellow doctor.
Gesundheit.
Are you German? Did the French goad you into saying that?
No…
…it was the Russians, for sitting up all of the sudden. They were coming right for me!
Totally reasonable.
He is now saying that a more than 30 year old referendum is better than a recent poll because the poll only had 1000 respondents, so it can’t possibly be representative. At this point I’m genuinely wondering if he’s trolling, because even he cannot be that much of a fucking moron.
He has proved, again and again, that yes, he is such a moron. This whole thread is my cite.
He’s trolling. I’m certain of it.
Both.
I don’t know, the more I read this thread the more I’m convinced he’s just straight up trolling and always has been. Citing a book and then saying you can’t cite books? That’s not stupidity, that’s trolling.
Citing books he hasn’t read! That’s out of the picture, surely! All else is allowed, even if he has never understood his sources…