I pit DrDeth

Yeah, that was creepy.

Eta: his expertise knows no bounds.

I think his bounds know no expertise, in reality.

There’s no end to the subjects on which he is an expert.

Also no beginning.

:slight_smile: I just read that in the voices of Statler and Waldorf.

Then my work here is done.

@BigT Adding my thanks for your explanation of the TERF brouhaha. I haven’t been keeping up with the boards and had no idea. What a shame.

Ah. That explains it. That’s not how I interpreted what Skywatcher said. I’d say more, but, as you said, this thread is supposed to be about DrDeth.

Yeah, this one kills me. His father was a clerk/typist in a pool of clerk/typists that were used by everybody, not just MacArthur. But of course his father called MacArthur Doug, so DrDeth does too.

His father, the clerk/typist, also piloted “Doug’s” plane while the pilot, copilot and navigator were all too busy doing paperwork to fly the plane.

It that don’t paint a perfect picture…

This hasn’t been mentioned yet: dear old Dad had a friend who worked in Bletchley Park!

I heard Dad was the first man to land on Omaha, Juno, Sword, Utah and Gold beaches on D-Day. He just borrowed Doug’s plane for a couple of days to get there on time, then flew back once he had secured the beaches.

Before or after he pulled a Baron Munchausen and buzzed the moon?

At least you guys don’t have DrStalky constantly entering threads you are in accusing you of asking questions and demanding that you provide a solution to whatever problem is being discussed.

I hope you’re reporting that.

If someone is “following you around consistently from forum to forum” and making negative comments right behind you, etc. , if there’s a significant pattern of that kind of behavior, yes, that’s harassment. And we throw people out for that.

DrDeth is going full-on gun nut in the “gun safety laws” GD thread. Got a mod note that really should have been a warning for taking a quote completely out of context and making a snarky comment about it. While in the meantime trying to advance some statistically ludicrous argument about the low ratio of gun homicides to total number of guns. What a total dumbfuck.

SMH

On a positive note, since his jackassity has escalated to the point where mods are warning about warnings (I guess that’s something) then he might be close to flaming out, in which case I’d only have 1 person on my ignore list.

He is the reason that I don’t even bother with any sort of gun thread anymore.

Can have several posters having a reasoned, if disagreeing discussion. Then he comes in with his bullshit and trainwrecks the whole thing.

I also have two written accounts of that kamikaze attack, one by my dad and one by an officer he bumped into while looking for injured personnel, but I don’t know where they are at the moment. He’d probably accuse me of making them up, anyway.

And a full on warning: