I pit DrDeth

Deep thought of the day:

If a person who’s on everyone’s ignore list posts, does anybody see it?

I really wish he’d put me on his ignore list, that way I’d only have to point out his idiocy once without having a mountain of even more idiotic straw and lunacy thrown my way. I was hopeful when he threw a little junior modding tantrum last time I interacted with him but seeing as outing him for lying about his father’s military service didn’t make him put other posters on ignore, it alas was just wishful thinking on my part.

New people to the board and those that delight in seeing the board disrupted will respond, and the thread will still be hijacked. Frankly advice like “If everyone just put them on ignore…” Is the most asinine advice I have ever heard. It has been given since this board began-it has never worked and it never will work.

I personally find him more amusing that aggravating when he does stuff like this.

That’s kind of where I’m at as well.

Hmmmm. Is there anyone in particular that you are thinking about?

Yeah, the level of misinformation is stunning, and tiring, but what do you expect from someone whose primary source of information about WWII was a Hasbro board game for players age 8 and up?

The problem isn’t that he’s sometimes [often] wrong or stupid. Most people are. But he sweeps in with a Wait, what? statement that is obviously wrong or a misunderstanding (if we give him the benefit of a doubt.)

And when he’s confronted with irrefutable proof (Come on outside, the sky is blue) he will double down and he will never, ever, in any way, admit to a mistake or being wrong (No! It’s green!.)

It’s all very tiring.

Actually, you are incorrect. I proved both you and Tokyo Bayer wrong by cites. The Army Air Force based in the Philippines did escape to a large extent. My Dad was in the Army Air Force and escaped with them, as he was ill with Malaria.

And it is one thing to attack me, it is another to attack a US Military Veteran of long WW2 service just to get your sick jollies off. You sick armchair cowards attacking real military veterans as you didn’t have the guts yourself to serve.

I never cited that board game. You are bullshiiting again, just like you lied about the fact that no one but MacArthur and co got off the Philippines. You two bullshitters idea of being “experts” is to post you own bullshit opinion, over and over and over until you sound like an expert, while ignore actual facts & cites.

Some in this thread actually did.

Physician, heal thyself.

Hey hey HEY! Don’t drag me into this nonsense.

I do not believe that the pittee is actually a physician. Just sayin’.

Stolen medical glory? :grin:

I should also state that I don’t believe the pittee has ever claimed to be a physician. So I’ll not support that assertion. ;->

Thank you for your service.

Post #35:

:smiley:

I was not referring to you sir.

Just Dissonance and TokyoBayer, whose idea of sick fun is insulting dead disabled veterans.

True , just a nickname, which I have explained several times. OTOH, you are doubtless not this monster from E.E. Smith:- Qadgop the Mercotan slithered flatly around the afterbulge of the tranship. One claw dug into the meters-thick armor of pure neutronium, then another. Its terrible xmex-like snout locked on. Its zymolosely polydactile tongue crunched out, crashed down, rasped across. Slurp! Slurp! At each abrasive stroke the groove in the tranship’s plating deepened and Qadgop leered more fiercely. But instead one of our boards best contributors.

You are, as always, delusional. I wasn’t even here on the boards when your fabrication about Douggy Mac and your dad was exposed. Hell, you hadn’t even shared that particular delusion with the class when I took a break from posting here. Kudos to you on proving my non-existent statements wrong though!

Never cited Axis&Allies as the fount of your immense knowledge about WWII, eh?

The funny part is I hadn’t even considered that you meant Axis&Allies when you said ‘wargames’ until you outed yourself. Nobody with an IQ above room temperature would have said something that stupid. My apologies for overestimating your IQ.

As I recall, when you were cornered, you responded with “It could have happened!”

No way I’m going to waste energy searching for the post and linking to it though.

The original doctors were people who taught and interpreted the Bible in Medieval Europe. It was a title granted by the Catholic Church. It wasn’t until 1213 that the Pope allowed the University of Paris to begin granting it to other academics (and the University of Bologna was the next). There were 3 kinds of doctoral degrees; theology, law, and medicine.

There has never been a time when doctors were only people with medical degrees, and most doctors these days are people with PhDs. There’s no historical or logical basis for restricting the title to only medicine.

This first:

For the record, the only reason your father’s invented service record was ever questioned was because you kept repeatedly interjected increasingly farfetched fairytales to resurrect a long-discredited “aliens did it” level conspiracy theory.

When challenged about the absurdity of the conspiracy theory, you dragged your father’s supposed position of an inside player in “Doug’s” staff to bolster your nonsense. You are changing your story again today, but I’m not going to waste everyone’s time debunking it again.

I’ll boldly state that anytime anyone presents a clearly fabricated account in order to promote conspiracy theories, I’ll challenge them. I love living on the edge like that.

Now you are calling me a coward because of your father’s supposed record? The shock! I will have you know that my father served with,1 MacArthur during the Korean War and was repeatedly injured2! Having also a disabled3 vet for a father should prove that I’m no coward!!! (That’s how this logic works, right?)

Did you serve? Are you a coward if you didn’t, either?

Note 1: True story! My father was drafted during the Korean War and rose to the rank of sergeant.4 He technically did serve “with” MacArthur in that they were both in the Army at the same time.

Note my carefully chosen misuse of verbs, as the closest he come to conflict was a messy situation in the NCO mess hall in Yuma AZ. He had nightmares of flying mashed potatoes for years after that. His dying words were “it was the peas.”

Note 2: Sadly, my father’s pale skin was his undoing. Any march through the hot desert in which he had neglected to apply sunscreen resulted in painful sunburns to his nose.

Note 3: Although I can’t prove it, those sunburns may have contributed to his death of cancer decades later. Probably not, but can you disprove it, coward?

Note 4: He looked around and saw that being a typist was the easiest way to get out of restacking rocks so he taught himself to type and I have no idea why he eventually was promoted. (This, the sunburns, and being in Yuma during the war are true, other parts are as accurate as your fantastical claims.)

Something like that, although his claims of how itmaybe, perhaps, possibly could have happened directly contradicted his previous claims of what his father was supposedly doing, which somehow makes me the liar.

Enough already.