I pit General Casey's political correctness

OK, fine, but religion had everything to do with why he was ignored. It’s not polite to be against diversity.

Ok. I’m going with blindingly stupid in your case.

First, for the umpteeth time, nobody is being called a racist here. Secondly, I’m pretty sure you’ll find that I said that maybe it will turn out that this was a deliberate act of terrorism.

Your brand of conservatism is brain dead. You knee jerk at the smallest hint of a liberal idea. Really, it is guys like you that make real conservatives look like idiots.

Well, people didn’t jump to some sort of final conclusion based on that guy’s name. Not more than a half hour after people knew the guy was a Muslim, I started reading knee jerk reactions about how it was obviously a terrorist act.

Like I said, if it were a white guy with a regular American sounding name, NOBODY would have drawn a terrorist conclusion immediately. But give the guy a Muslim name well there ya have it. This was my personal experience reading stuff on the net. Draw your own conclusions.

Bullshit.

Incompetence is a far more likely answer.

We have innumerable examples of Christians killing people because they think God told them to do it.

A Jew assasinated the Prime Minister of Israel because he thought God wanted him to do it.

No religion is immune. People will either use it as an excuse, or express religious mania as part of their ilness. The specific religion is irrelevant.

There’s no such thing.

Pot meet kettle, Capt. Righteousness.

Both of these statements show ignorance of military culture.

I don’t think their problem is so much ignoring reality as questioning it - or viewing it from the wrong end of the telescope, as some not-yet-reached consensus of enlightened humanity rather than the wishes of those in power.

Whereas you, sir, have moral clarity: might doesn’t make right, but fuck right - might makes reality.

Oh yes: fuck your moral clarity, and while you’re at it, fuck you. Good day sir.

From the AP

How would these students know why the officers did or didn’t file a complaint?

This sounds like students just talking out of their asses to me.

And you are going to speak against what they thought (they actually being privy to this man)
Laughable.

Why don’t we wait a few days and see what shakes out?

There, that wasn’t so difficult, was it?

Hmm. Apparently, it was.

Private Message from bri1600bv:

Once again, would you have a cite for that?

No, I’m “speaking against” their ability to be mind readers and know why their officers decide whether or not to file complaints.

Fort Hood gunman had told colleagues that infidels should have their throats cut.

They are with the officers, maybe they talked about it? Do you know what they did or didn’t talk about or otherwise “know”?

Ban please.

We don’t need this kind of shit on the dope.

He was a douche, private or otherwise, but banning someone from something they spouted in a PM is not something I’d like to see done.
Posting of private messages should be discouraged.

Fuck that.

First, PMs are not private. We’ve been over that who knows how many times. And secondly threats of violence should NEVER be acceptable.

As far as I’m concerned people who make those kind of threats should be kicked to the curb.

Do you?

The point is, no one is saying “I didn’t file a complaint because he was a Muslim.” You only have “students” who are saying they think their complaints were ignored by faculty because of “political correctness.” In other words, we have nothing but hearsay at best, and (more likely) tendentious speculation at worst. Wake me up when you actually have some meaningful evidence, not carping students.

Did you report this to a mod?