I Pit Hosni Mubarak

His prisons were also instrumental in making Ayman al-Zawahiri the man he is today. Maybe sometime we can ask an Egyptian who’s been in one of those prisons how he feels about Mubarak’s peacekeeping. Or for that matter, any of the people who are being beaten or shot right now. His time is up, and if your country is in a state of emergency for 30 years, you’re no good at running it anyway. :wink:

Just heard on NPR that Mubarak supporters are going around the streets editing the graffiti, so that “We Want To Try Mubarak” becomes “We Want Mubarak,” etc.

That has got to be the lamest, saddest thing in the history of revolutions.

Well, if you have brutal dictators as allies in the first place, which is worse – to ditch them when things go pear-shaped*, or to stick by them no matter what?
*What is the origin of that phrase, anyway?

To be fair, the entire region has been in a state of emergency since anyone can remember, and maybe even before that.

How much does Mubarak’s regime really get in the way, there?

I told you a hundred times, don’t mess with the Ottoman Empire, it’s too rickety, things will be all a mess if it goes, but you said it couldn’t do any harm to pinch a province here or a colony there. Salvage, you said. That’s how it always starts . . .

“The palace cook always does them so nice! Can I resign after supper?”

Oh, not at all…it’s just his modicum of cooperation with the West; we’re all devils who want to turn all their women into whores by allowing them to get education and such.

The idea of an abundance of educated Egyptian whores does have a certain appeal.

Will they dress like Anck-Su-Namun from The Mummy?

Yeah, that about wraps it up.

Goes without saying! :slight_smile: (Unless anyone has an even better idea.)

What, the one who threatened to put snakes in the little boy’s bed while he was sleeeeepiiiiiing? I’m looking for somone who can pass for the model of the Bust of Nefertiti, which, I’ll wager, will not be returned to Egypt in the forseeable future.

Maybe -If you’re referring to the sequels I wouldn’t know as I can’t remember much about them. This one (probably NSFW).

No worries there. With a name like that, he’s clearly a Jew. Can’t win.

Come to think of it…

When I drove cab, I frequently got guys looking for hookers, I never got the idea they were looking for an intelligent conversation. I guess I never asked, so maybe.

You just never happened to hit the turf of the Whore of Mensa.

Egypt is known for its Horus, not its whores.

Oh Ptah! Whores, Horus, what the Heh.