I Pit Hosni Mubarak

Watch out, you might get gypped!

Look, it’s over, ok. You’ve had a pretty good run, but let it go. Do you want your legacy to be a statue, or a bloodstain? Just let it go.

When you walk out the door of the Presidential Palace, be sure to WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN.

Poor Hosni, first of all his name is Hosni, second everyone hates him. Someone should mail that man a puppy.

I’m afraid your sample text wouldn’t work. The English is way too good.

I just love that there are people fighting vehemently for their right to live in a police state with censorship, no civil liberties, and the chance to be detained by the government indefinitely at any time for any reason.

Hey, don’t be so skeptical! I just got a peek at the ballot, and it lists “Schmosni Schmubarak.” *Clearly *a completely different guy.

Mubarak thought he was the Pharoah

I’d like you to stop all this Mubarak bashing especially since you’re so obviously ignorant of the situation.

Anybody with even a vague knowledge of Egypt will have to agree that Mubarak has undoubtefully been the best Egyptian ruler of the last thirty years.

Sadly, that’s not surprising at all - people loved Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot, too. I don’t know if it’s misplaced loyalty, the need for a father figure or a simple fear of change, but so long as a leader is perceived as being “strong” he will always have supporters. Blame our simian heritage.

Latest from Mubarak: I’m afraid if I step down, the country would be thrown into chaos.. Um, as opposed to the events of the last week?

I found a picture of the new candidate, by the way.

Mubarak is certainly no democrat but this man has been instrumental in keeping the peace in the Middle East for the last 30 years. The US (and the world) may well have cause to bitterly regret his passing.

I don’t pretend to be an expert on Mubarak or Egyptian politics, but anybody whose supporters ride camels has some serious badass style in my book. When you add in that his guys bitchslapped Anderson Cooper- okay, he’s going rock star cool. Now if he’ll just show up on TV holding and stroking a tiger cub or with his words echoed by backup singers called the Mubaritones he’ll be officially the coolest “you say dictator- I say dic-TAH-tor” on the planet.

In the exact same sense as we have cause – and we have – to bitterly regret the passing of Saddam Hussein. One thing America should have learned from our experience in Iraq is that sometimes a brutal dictatorship is better for a country than any plausible alternative.

In this case, however, whatever lessons America may have learned or not learned are irrelevant. This is not in any sense an American show.

And whips! Don’t forget the whips!

Latest work from Mubarak: “If I resign today there will be chaos.”

“Will be”? Does he ever even look out his office window?

He means chaos he’s not responsible for. Those thugs weren’t sicced on the journalists and protestors by accident.

Next up: “I’d resign right now, but I’m thinking about the children!”

Any idea if his wife is popular, unpopular or neutral in how she’s perceived? I mainly remember her as a huge advocate for the All New & Improved Library of Alexandria a decade ago.

As much of a dick Mubarak is, I just can’t shake the feeling that a lot of the protesters are really just protesting the lack of freedom to subjugate their women as they see fit.

In the exact same sense that we have had cause to regret the ousting of the Shah or Iran years ago, seeing what “freedom” really meant for the Iranian people.

This revolution is not an American show, but the reaction of the U.S. is no doubt significant. It strikes me that Americans view themselves as a moral nation-- but I guess reality means that moral nations have strange bedfellows-- bedfellows that they can forget ever supporting.