So, in the last several days, my Facebook feed has become full of Cornell 7 posts, maybe 95-ish percent by women. Any other posts, by men, and comments by men, basically say that [and I am obviously paraphrasing] “pussy is a commodity that falls into the ‘finder’s keeper’s’ convention and, if there just happens to be some pussy available, I and my buds are allowed to partake”.
It’s fucking appalling. I’m a guy (now 67 yrs old) and I even have to question my own behaviour forty years ago when I was single. The most that I ever did was, while making out (or whatever the appropriate term is) with my then, soon-to-be-girlfriend, I slipped my right hand under her shirt, disconnected her bra, and felt around the front. Though she was open to it (it led to the bedroom and her enthusiastic participation), it never occurred to me to ask if my bra-move was okay; this was in 1988. Even then, despite the fact that she was a strong-willed young woman, I still “made the move” without really considering her feelings.
I think that our whole “system” is predicated on most men not giving most women agency when it comes to sex, rather than both participants being equal participants in the agreement process.
I wasn’t great but, ffs, seven participants in a gang-rape and fifty online spectators? WTF? At the very least one of the fifty could have called 911, but no-one did.
Even if the evidence hasn’t been truly considered (and I really don’t know the facts of this), how the fuck can people think that seven participants in a sex act (again, assuming rape has not yet been proven), with fifty virtual onlookers is “not fucking guilty” of something. The very fact that 57 men were willingly involved and did sweet fuck all to help, justifies every bit of anger that women feel about this.
I’ve also seen some remarks about some BS percentage of men who get assaulted by women. Seriously? My wife and I were in a restaurant talking about this, and watching the waitresses and pondering what would happen if one of them assaulted me. Here’s what could happen - I could simply fall on the assaulting women, and that would be the end of the assault. This shit is fucking disgusting.
The BS attempts by men to rationalize what happened is a fucking disgrace to my half (the male half) of fucking, so-called, “civilization”.
If that many guys can’t see anything wrong, to the extent that they try to rationalize this, if I was female, I wouldn’t trust any guy, ever.