I Pit SmartAleq

Why do you think the Sun-Times keeps this place around?

Inertia.

Inertia related to a certain employee who’s been associated with this place’s namesake for close to a half-century, perhaps?

Dude, he doesn’t even have a column under his own name anymore, never mind the fake one. Is he even still employed? I wouldn’t know.

No, I mean literal inertia - as in, moving a finger to press the delete button is more effort than they’ve been willing to spend.

At least - until some self-serving asshole reminds them that this place exists…

And you’re seemingly opposed to his restarting that column, because reasons. Maybe you think you’d be a better Cecil?

And here he is trying to give them a reason not to press that button, and you have a problem with that.

I don’t give a shit either way if he restarts it or not.

But all indications are the Sun-Times doesn’t really give a toss. Or he’d still be writing for them.

I do give a slight shit if he holds this place hostage to do so. Not too much of one, mind you.

I don’t give a shit about Cecil, why would I want to be a better one?

No, that’s not how inertia works.
And this place could continue to function, and pay for itself, if Ed just got out of the damn way.

Then maybe you should consider whether Cecil Adams’ and Ed Zotti’s message board is the right place for you. Have you heard of 4Chan? You’d love it there.

I don’t know whether you don’t give a shit if this board fails, or you actually want the board to fail, but every time you post in this thread the needle swings toward the latter.

It’s not his message board, you pathetic sycophant. It’s the Sun-Times. And then it’s the users.

No, I don’t want the Board to fail. And I would care if it did. But I’m not going to fellate some old tosser to stop it.

Why does this board exist?

I’ll give you two hints; it’s not because of the Sun-Times and it’s not because of “the users”.

Coulda fooled me.

“Why does this board exist” and “how did this board start” are two separate questions, and I only care about the first one. And the answer there is “the users”

We’ve already established that fooling you is so easy even a geriatric has-been like Ed can do it with his snake oil show.

Wanting Ed to fuck off (again) is not the same as wanting the Board to fail.

Good luck starting your own SDMB with blackjack and hookers, then.

I already hang out at one someone else started after one of Ed’s past attempts at waving his shrivelled dick in our faces. If I have to hang out there more, it won’t exactly be a big change.

Other than all the new people from here suddenly showing up there, of course.

Go piss and moan over there, then, and let those of us who’d prefer that this place not get shut down have our fun.

How about I say “Fuck you” right here, instead? That “fun” enough for you, shitnozzle?

Sure. This board’s rules allow you to say that to me in this forum. That’s one of the reasons I’d rather not alienate the people who have a say in whether this place continues to exist or not.

Can someone point me to where Ed specifically said he/they were going to solve the actual membership problem?
Can anyone point me to where Ed said he was giving anyone admin privileges to fix the minor and major problems that pop up?

Ed is an absentee landlord, what he just did was tantamount to walking into ‘’‘his’’’ building, ignoring the front door that’s off its hinges, down the dimly lit hallway 'cause half the lightbulbs are burned out, plopping his ass down in the vacant super’s office and announcing that what this place needs to keep it on its feet is a swimming pool . . . that you can have full access to for a low, low price.

What, like the guy who arbitrarily banned the word cunt, probably because it might affect his book sales?

Yeah, there’s the kind of consistent boots you want to keep licking. Because Lord knows those capricious whims would never affect this Board again…

Well, at least you own up to your own fear. Admitting you’re afraid is the first step to overcoming it, I guess.

Your complaint is three years obsolete, you cunt.

My complaint remains evergreen as long as Ed has any authority, actually.