I pit Stuart Varney, for being an uneducated stupid ignorant douchebag

OK - that explains Beck. What’s Varney’s excuse? He ain’t making “Bold and Fresh” coin, that’s for sure.

Sure, he is… but WHO is giving it to him? And why would they? Because people believe the crap that he is blabeling.

However, have a laugh about the mega-douche here

It’s not like 99% of Americans disagree with O’Reilly’s schtick.

1% viewing average, does not mean, that it is exactly that same single % watching.
The thing is, people watching a News channels are usually not the gangbangers on the street.

Another thing is this, in respond to the following question “Human beings, as we know them, developed from earlier species of animals.”

Have a look at the USA, it’s just a tat more in the real world then Turkey – which are the ENEMY – the BAD people – fundamentalists.
40% do not accept the evolution theory - which means we can not even evolve by ourselves, we have to ask GOD for a space shuttle, fridge, submarine, car etc… since we are unable to adapt and change - evolve.

Never heard of Stuart Varney.

If we are to judge the sanity of the populace by who gets media attention, then we can write off much of the British population, based on the continual attention given to Prince Charles (promoter of homeopathy, coffee enemas for cancer and other health quackery).

I’m sorry about all you pagans in the EU being called pagans, but really I would have thought that was a compliment.

And here again we see an example of why you don’t rely upon Wikipedia or random SDMB Pit ranters for facts.

French property tax: 404 - FrenchEntrée

Spanish property tax: Yearly property taxes Spain

Portugal property tax: Properties In Europe - Empowerment Through Real Estate! | Properties In Europe

German property tax: http://www.real-estate-european-union.com/english/germany.html

United Kingdom property tax: Check your Council Tax band - GOV.UK (just go to the damn link; we used to pay this when we had a house in England, so I damn well know it exists.)

Italy property tax: Real Estate Taxes in Italy - Living in Italy

Greek property tax: http://www.real-estate-european-union.com/english/greece.html

Dutch property tax: http://www.real-estate-european-union.com/english/netherlands.html

Austria: http://www.real-estate-european-union.com/english/austria.html

Belgium: http://www.real-estate-european-union.com/english/belgium.html

Denmark: http://www.real-estate-european-union.com/english/denmark.html

I could continue, but I’m bored. For fuck’s sake this wasn’t hard to find. I would say we now must at a minimum question all the other “facts” outlined in the OP, given the epic fail on this one.

Una - I won’t speak to the OP’s accuracy about the existence of property taxation in various European countries, but I notice the absence of Ireland from your list. I can vouch from personal experience (family-owned home for 10 years that I’ve been maintaining for the last 3 years) that there is no residential property tax here. There have been proposals recently to introduce it, but at least for now there is none.

And the OP is definitely right on with Stuart Varney being a massive douchebag.

You probably also noticed the lack of San Marino, Lichtenstein, and Finland, simply because I ran out of time. If he had said “Ireland” instead of “most EU countries”, then things would be different. But he didn’t.

Wow, I’m impressed… this is the only fault you can find with my post and the only thing, that pisses you off.

Fine, whatever… I made a mistake… but I said EU countries and Lichtenstein is not a member of the EU, so start nit picking about that.

Since I live in Ireland and we do not have a property tax here, I didn’t research the matter fully and only put it in as a byline.

Maybe if you look also closer about property tax, you find out, that you get a tax-reliefe on your income-tax, which in some EU memberstates renders the property tax to almost nothing.

The property tax in Germany includes payments, which you have to pay to the local town council, even if you do not own property, it’s then just called different.

Now, you can buddy-buddy with O’Reilly and Glenn Beck again.

False conclusion. The tax thing stood out since I was just investigating council taxes increases in the UK.

I didn’t list a cite for Lichtenstein having property tax.

Which ones? All, most, some, or none? I sure didn’t get a break like that in the UK.

I don’t watch (other than seeing them as I flip across CNN), nor follow, nor like, nor am “buddies” with those two people. Cite that I’ve ever done so?

Just because I pointed out a small flaw in your OP is no reason to make an ad hominem attack. That’s just, well, disappointing.

“small” or “epic” - what’s it going to be?

Here, I’ll quote you your mentioning of Lichtenstein. Now, given that I had my facts not right about the property tax, does not make your comment of questioning my OP by mentioning of Lichtenstein any smarter than me. And asking for your cite, is just laughable, since you did not provide one and only implied by mentioning it.

I travel the UK, Ireland, and Europe frequently with friends throughout. You’d have to be deaf, dumb, or just plain stupid not to witness the plethora of apostasy through out Europe and most especially in the former Soviet bloc nations, particularly Czechoslovakia!

I was raised Anglican and my first service I attended in the UK was so pathetic, it almost brought me to tears. There were only a few in attendance with some obviously very desperate souls that seemed so lost. I wondered how many other un- or non- church’ed pained individuals with little to no spiritual Judeo-Christian faith based background. With this experience and a lifetime of witnessing the erosion of the Anglican/Episcopal Church I am now a very happy, satisfied, and fulfilled Roman Catholic.

I thought Mr. Varney was quite courageous in approaching this Anglo-European decay in he cradle of Western Civilization. The Catholic priest they had commenting in actual fact adjusted Mr. Varney’s word “pagan” to “secular”. However, with the lack of vocabulary you obviously suffer from after your apparently comfortable use of low class rhetoric, i.e., “douche bag”, etc., might need to look up “secular”.

Perhaps you could consult your crystals and tea leaves before writing again and/or commenting on my response. There is a Merriam-Webster free dictionary site if you need to look any of the “big” words I used?
:smack:

Some American clown is talking shit about Europe. Why do you care?

Raised Anglican, now Roman Catholic. It seems apostasy is rampant outside Europe’s borders, too.

It’s the underweight fatties you have to watch out for, they’re dangerous.

Incidentally, is “pagan” now used as a generic term for non-Christians? I’ve seen it used in this context before and I don’t think he means to say that Europe practices lots of polytheism and animism and such. So is he throwing around pagan as non-Christian like Jews use gentile?

Atheist is such a dirty word that I’m not sure why he wouldn’t insult Europe by calling them atheists, if that’s what he meant. Of course it’s comical as an insult to me. Might as well throw in “wtf they’re not as racist as us either, pussies!” in there too.

I think you misspelled “progress”.

More seriously, I’ve never really understood why an “Anglo-European” decrease in the practice of Christianity should be considered a death-blow to “Western Civilization”. Back when “Western Civilization” originated, it wasn’t Christian at all, because there was no Christianity.

What we think of as the great landmarks in the foundation of “Western Civilization”—including Homer, the great Greek dramatists, Athenian democracy, Plato, Aristotle, Alexander’s empire, Archimedes, the Roman Republic, Caesar, Virgil, the Roman Empire, and so on—all took place before Christianity had even begun, and long before Christianity had become culturally dominant in Europe. Clearly, Western Civilization survived for a long time before Christianity, so I don’t see why we should assume that it couldn’t survive after Christianity.

I wonder what Stuart Varney thinks of Britain. Are they European pagans, because of the Value Added Tax, or are they the model we should aspire to, because of their official state religion?

I figured this out when I read an interview in USA Today. He actually seemed sane, and could actually handle shades of grey. He actually admitted that some of the people that work for him are hardline liberals, and he actually sometimes agrees with them.

He could never, never say that on air.

Holy cow 2 weeks later…
I know, sure - YOU are absolutely right. I forgot to thump my Bible before replying to your firsts and only wise post, I am humbled by your post, you humble servant of what-ever.

Tealeaf’s? That’s so yesterday… However, I consulted my dog’s faeces earlier on, and it just looked like regular dog shit, kind of looked like your reply… rather than writing it, you should have just flushed the toilet.

Oh, shut the fuck up. You’re an insecure, self-absorbed, bitter douche, as are a good amount of “America Sucks” Europeans. And this is coming from a guy who spent practically half his life in Britain.