I pit the Mets

…And take the Cardinals with you.

A complete game with only 101 pitches? AL teams all knew to work Pedro deep in the count early in the game, taking balls and fouling off as much as possible, so he’d be out after 6 innings or even 5. The NL will figure it out by his second time around the league, no doubt.

Why was Kaz Matsui out of the lineup? Could it be 'cause he sucks?

Oh, just thought I’d share: The pregame ceremonies before today’s Red Sox home opener, right after the presentation of the rings in front of the Yankees, will be a moment of silence - for both the Pope and Dick Radatz. They were about equally important here, after all.

In 2001 the Pirates lost 100 games.

Our last above .500 season was in 1992.

Top that.

Or bottom that, whatever the case may be.

In 2002 Detroit lost 106 games. In 2003 they lost 119 and barely missed becoming the worst team in modern baseball history. Their last season over .500 was 1993.

In 2002 Milwaukee lost 106 games as well, and also haven’t played .500 ball since 1992.

Remember that the Pirates at least had 3 division titles in a row from 1990-1992. The Tigers haven’t won a division title since 1987 and the Brewers haven’t done it since 1982. And don’t forget that the Brewers were owned by Bud Selig.

Hey, the Yankees haven’t won a World Series for four whole years! And two of those times they didn’t even go and once they even lost to the Sox. The Sox!

The way I like to put it is: The Yankees have not won a single World Series in this century.

Excuse me!

I would just like to establish that the Blue Jays are, in fact, the worst team around.

Thank you.

By any chance, are the Mets also owned and run by the fools in charge of the Rangers?

The Jays are indeed the first team ever to finish behind the Devil Rays, but they do have some talent on the roster. Be of good cheer.

The Pope had very little movement on his fastball.

Well here we are in June. I’m surprised as all hell that they’re playing .500 ball. But they’re still in last place. Of course I’m stupified that the Nats are in first. At least the Yankees have the same record. I can smile about that.

I can’t believe that my favorite baseball team is the one where the fans chant for Miguel Cairo to be put in the game. :smack:

Back on April 10, when they were 0-5, I said:

I’m still not sure. They’re barely treading water even with pretty much everyone healthy.

Wait’ll Pedro goes on the DL.

Here’s to you Mr. Robinson…

Yes, let me just say

NA-TION-ALS! NA-TION-ALS! NA-TION-ALS!