I think the hospital just dumped me in the parking lot and ran over me a few times.

At least, that’s what I feel like today. I had a minor surgery yesterday (so minor I was home two hours after I woke up,) and I feel like I was run over by a bus today.

Really, everyone at the hospital was just terrific, and I love how they didn’t make me sit there and wait forever before I got to go home.

I did snap at the pharmacy clerk at the Walgreen’s, though, and I kinda feel bad about it. It was after eight when I got out of the hospital, so the family-owned pharmacy I usually go to that’s just a block away from my house was already closed. I didn’t want to have to wait until nine this morning to get my pain medicine, and I didn’t think it would be a good idea to walk over there alone anyway.

So I had to go to the downtown Walgreen’s, which I’d never been to. I went in and set my driver’s license and insurance card on the counter, along with the Vicodin script. My throat was sore from the breathing tube, so I didn’t want to talk too much, and I wasn’t sure if they needed ID before filling a Vicodin prescription anyway.

When the order was filled, I went to pay and was rather surprised when the total came up to $21, since my recent Darvocet script was only $0.88. (For anyone wondering, the Darvocet side effects were starting to bother me, so I handed the remaining medicine in to dispose of and asked for something different post surgery.)

I said, “Is that with insurance?”

“Yes,” said she. Then she paused. “You have insurance?”

“Yes,” I said flatly. “That’s why I set the insurance card on the counter.”

In my defense, I was tired, hungry, weak from the anasthesia, and still in some pain, but they were justifiably a little more curt with me after that.

Anyone want to offer me some sympathy? I promise not to be rude to you.

Honey, I’ve been far ruder to people with much less excuse! Get better soon! Here are some sweet happy smilies, just for you

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Poor you! How 'bout some nice chocolate ice cream for that sore throat?

Smilies *and *chocolate ice cream! I feel better already. Thanks, guys. I do have some Blue Bunny Sugar Free Bunny Tracks in the freezer. I think I’ll have some after dinner.

Pain can make you do things you normally wouldn’t, just like it can make a gentle dog bite the hand of its owner.

The only time I ever screamed at someone over the phone was when I was having an episode of endometrial cramps* and the pharmacist said it would be at least another hour before my prescription for pain meds was ready. I was in another town, and the pains had come on unexpectedly. I called my doc for an emergency prescription, and was told it would only take twenty minutes to fill (though twenty minutes when you’re in agony is a lifetime.) I called before I left the house to make sure it was ready, and that’s when the pharmacist told me they were a “little backed up.”

Yeah, I flipped out a little. I told him this wasn’t a just-in-case refill, but that I was out of my meds and was in horrible pain. Well “told” probably isn’t the right word. There was a bit of swearing, crying and screeching.

He was silent for a moment, and then said he’d have it ready by the time I got there. He had the package waiting on the counter for me. I apologized profusely, but I still feel bad about it. I shouldn’t have shouted like that at him.

• It’s not just menstrual cramps. It’s the worst pain I’ve ever endured. It’s the kind of pain where you’re HOPING you’re dying, just to end it. My mom suffers from the same thing, and she says she’d rather give birth once a month than go through those cramps.

I totally understand. Every time the gyn would give me a pelvic exam, I would have endometrial cramps for about the next three days. I spent the last month on Darvocet once it was decided I would have surgery, because the constant pain I’ve lived with for the last 2 1/2 years finally started to become unbearable. More and more the pain was of the “stop what I’m doing and gasp” type.