I thought of the perfect hip new name for a baby boy

Chitin!

It’s strong, it’s masculine, it’s the stuff that beetles and lobster carapaces are made of. What more could you want?

Of course, you couldn’t spell it Chitin. It would have to be Kyton, or something like that.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that there were already some little Kytons running around out there.

I’ve got a one for a baby girl - Miasma. :smiley:

Bolis could be quite pretty…

Oh my… Over the years, I’ve seen poor little babies with names such as
Labia Marie XXXX,
Freedom Love XXXXXX (boy),
King Lee XXXXX(here King, here boy)
There was sweet little Virgin Ann, and her twin Anna Virgin.

Since these were babies transferred from other facilities, it was awkward explaining little Labia, or Virgin or Vulva, or (my personal favorite) Pancrea, weren’t really acceptable names since they were name of body parts.
There was also Miracle Hope Baby (yes, Baby was her second middle name.) No one tried to talk her folks out of that name, thought, because she was.

I think Foramina is a nice name for a girl, too.

Foramina
Doo doooo doo doo doo.
Foramina
Doo doo-doo doo.
Foramina
Doo doooo doo doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo-doo-doo-doo doo doo doooo doo.
How about Cerumen? Boy’s name, clearly.

Either I’m pronouncing this wrong, or you’ve gotta be Chitin’ me…

Kyton sounds like a soap opera hunk name.

Duodenum.

Girl or boy. Just watch; it’s going to become the next “Dylan.” If you get twins, name the other one “jejunum.”

Yes, you’re pronouncing it wrong. It’s “CH” as in Chiron.

Uh, that’s probably not helpful.

Umm… “Kite’n”

Blame the Greeks, or whoever set the convention for romanizing their wacky words.

It looks like “Chitlin’” and that’s just not something you want people accidentally calling your child.

My names for a daughter and son?

Ookla and Cock

I’m thinking about changing my own first name to Chris!pher, with a “click-pop”.

And my favorite name for a dog?

E.D.

Pronounced “edd”. But it’s an acronym. “Emergency Dinner”. :smiley:

And for a cat? Depending on gender…

Scrotum or Skank

Actually, I like Skank for a daughter’s name too.

Anyhoo…

My favorite bad baby name of all time is the one I actually spotted in a recent magazine: ShyAnne. She’s probably going to have a raft of younger siblings with names like FrightElla and ScaredLeigh.

:cool:

We caught an unusual girl’s name on a recent flight. The little girl looked to be about five or six, a sweet little thing. Her name was Seneca. My husband swears he heard her mother say “don’t cry, Seneca.”

Kyton
(Medium Sized, Outsider, Evil Subtype, Law Subtype)

Kytons are humanoids from the Nine Hells of Baator who inhabit the city of Jangling Hiter on Minauros, the third layer of Baator. They are used as police and sheriffs in the city. Kytons are wrapped in chains which make an incredibly eerie sound when they move. They appear to be human, but it is impossible to detect their humanity as the chains, spiked chains and other metal wires tend to tear and scar the flesh of the Kyton. Kytons attack with delightful precision and enjoy torturing their victims in their chains.

Climate/Terrain: Baator
Frequency: Rare…

Yeah, I’m a Planescape nerd, sorry.
But that’s what I would think first off if I heard “Kyton.”

I like ‘Singe’, ‘Dance’ or ‘Mako’

William Ruben would be a most excellent name for anyone’s child who is a plebotomist.

Name the kid Optimus. :smiley:

for boy: Kuiper (or Kyper, but in this case, the scientific spelling looks cooler).

Chitin. From an old Champions campaign I was almost in. Don’t blow her cover, man.