I want to buy a shopping cart . . .

See, I want to get the kind that folds up and can be stored in a trunk. That way, when I get home from grocery shopping (two weeks’ worth), I can plop most of it into this cart and wheel it all the way to the apartment. (The parking area isn’t too close to the building.)

There’s one for auction on ebay right now. There’s a Buy It Now option for $25.

This is exactly what I’m looking for, but before I clicked I thought I’d see if anyone out there who has one of these can tell me if $25 is a reasonable price.

If anyone knows where I can find this at a better price, please let me know. I don’t need one immediately, having just bought food today. If you know of a store that might carry them, maybe there’s one nearby. I didn’t even know where to look.

Since it’s an oversized parcel, the shipping is higher than normal – make sure you add that in before deciding whether it’s a good deal or not.

I don’t have one, or need one, so I don’t know a good price – but I’d check the housewares department (kitchen and laundry stuff) of KMart or a similar store to see if they have them. I’ve seen them for sale in the supermarket but didn’t pay attention to the price.

Yeah, I looked at KMart and WalMart - in both the housewares dept. and the laundry department (thinking they might market it as a laundry basket), and no go.

The seller on ebay says to contact him/her before bidding to figure out the shipping price.

If it’s as strong and as nice as it’s advertised, it’s not a bad price for such a cart. And if you do a Buy It Now, they’ll “throw in” that liner.

The “gotcha” will be shipping - it’s going to be at the UPS or USPS 25-pound rate due to its size.

Yep, I saw that liner - great deal, huh? Except for the shipping. Which is why I wonder if it’s around here, under my vewy nose…

You might want to go to a grocery store in your area to see if they have any. I have a cart in my apartment that I got from Shopper’s Food Warehouse in my area. It was about $16.00. You have to look up on the top shelf to find items that normally you wouldn’t think to look.

Shoppers! I’ll look there.

I’ll second medstar’s assertion to check the local supermarkets. They usually have them up high someplace like over the freezer or dairy cases.

Sorry to bump this, but medstar, do you remember in which section you saw the cart? Those Shoppers are huuuuuuge.

Hmm, sorry dantheman, it was a couple of years ago, and the SFW was so huge I can’t remember. Just start in the produce section and make sure to look at the top of the shelves. Or, ask one of the stockers and they’ll probably be able to help you.

Maybe check a store that caters to the elderly?? I know my grandmother had one, but I don’t know where she bought it.

I have what appears to be that model and it is very sturdy. A bit tiny though-could fit 2-12 packs of pop on the bottom and other stuff on top. It was @$22 canadian at the local discount store-I’m sure you can get it for a much better price than $25.

Actually, FCM, the rumor around here is that international grocery stores carry them. I’ve checked a couple, though, and no go yet. (There are a lot in this area, usually Korean.)

I’ll check SFW again.

I see those all the time at large antiques shows and flea markets. Unfortunately, I’m not sure of the going rate and my mom’s in bed so I can’t ask her. If you’re the type of person who enjoys going to large flea markets and antiques shows, you could pick one up at one of them.