I want to steal the queen's dogs.

Ravens are in quaratine for bird flu–or were in March when I visited. Ixnay on the irdbays…

What is the story behind these birds?

There’s a legend that if the ravens leave the tower of London, it will fall down and the kingdom will fall with it. AFAIK, nobody actually believes this with any degree of seriousness, but the tradition of keeping them there is very carefully observed.

To the point of having their wings clipped, so they can’t possibly leave. National security with just a few quick snips! It’s amazing! :smiley:

I know a woman in San Antonio who runs a rescue for Corgis and great Danes. I have to hope that she keeps the two breeds well separated, as that kind of cross-breeding (possible only if certain obvious physical challenges could be overcome) would produce some bad craziness.

Anyhow, NinjaChick, if you can bring yourself to accept lateral members of the royal corgi line, now in exile near the Alamo, Dixie can keep you in corgis for the rest of your natural life.

Tabby

I’ll be looking out for you on the news. :smiley:

slightly off topic–but of vital interest :
do the Queen’s corgis have individual names? Whenver a US President gets a pet, it’s name is broadast all over the world.

(To the OP :Maybe instead of stealing them ,you could just drop by Buckingham Palace and call out their names -" here, Fido. Sit ". You could defend yourself in court by claiming that the dogs weren’t stolen, they were accompanying you voluntarily)

Are you sure that’s not just the cooking?

Blinks

Blinks again
So… if they cross bred they’d be hyperactive napping machines?

Ooooh, corgis! You wouldn’t maybe bring me one, would you NinjaChick? Pleeeeeease? :bambi eyes:

The Queen’s corgis do have names. There are five corgis, and their names are Emma, Linnet, Monty, Holly and Willow.

Princess Margaret had dachshunds. Don’t know what happened to them after she died.

The Queen has “dorgis”- a mix between dachshunds and corgis. There are four dorgis, named Cider, Berry, Candy, and Vulcan.

You could take a dorgi for yourself under one arm, and a corgi for me under the other. Might want to do some weight-lifting before you go, though- corgis weigh more than they look like they do.

Nasty, snappy little beasts.

OK, steal one so you can play “Cowboy Bebop” at home. Otherwise, they’re not worth it.

Don’t be so rude about the British Royal Family.

Does Willow ever ask to be turned back into her human form?

I once saw, in the Reader’s Digest, a reprint of a want ad “FREE PUPPIES! Mother St. Bernard, father very determined Cocker Spaniel.”

They are tough indeed. One of the Queen’s corgis killed another one a few years ago. Wear plenty of padding.

I believe they came to a pharaonic end.

Maybe they were fighting for the throne, or something.

I bet there was plenty of water in the royal toilet for all the dogs.

Awww corgis are sweet. I have a cardigan–the real kind WITH the tail. Pembrokes were cross bred quite some time ago and don’t have the tails. That’s the kind the queen has…pembrokes.

I have it on good authority the Princess Anne’s English Bull Terriers are tougher than the Queen’s Corgis.