I was going to post a tasteless thread about the Obama's doin' it in the White House

This, or alternatively simply “the Obamas” with no apostrophe at all would have also worked.

Even if she meant that “fist pound” thing… sexual connotations aside… She really considered that on par with the hugging, peck on the cheek, etc… that the Obamas are not afraid to show?

I’m pretty sure she knows what fisting is (as a “love expert”), and is probably so used to the word that she accidentally used it as a shortened version of “fist bumping”. Regardless, what a great visual to set the stage for the guy’s presidential term. On his first day, no less.

Either that, or she made a bet with someone that she could skillfully work the word into a conversation on national TV.

Let’s fist again, like we did last summer…

Remember when GW went under for surgery and Cheney was president for a few hours? Yep. Lynn Cheney, and she used protection. That’s why he’s such a big asshole.

I would. It’s adorable, and it’s an innocent way in which they can show private affection in public moments without being too PDA about it. It’s also less of a germ spreader than kissing, when you’ve been shaking hundreds of hands in an afternoon.

My preschooler’s become a “fist-bumper” when she feels too shy or pressured to give a kiss. (She also wants to know when we can go to the White House so she can play with Malia and Sasha.)

So this is what they meant by the Inaugural Balling.

Well that explains the need for a wheelchair. I wouldn’t be able to walk after that either.

Have you seen the lasted McD’s adds where the food is sitting at a table having a conversation about what to sell for $.99? The two apple pies are portrayed with teen-girl voices and get all excited about being available for such a good price, and one of the other voices says something like “woo-hoo - Pies Gone Wild” or something like that. I don’t know what’s worse - the reference to Girls Gone Wild in a McD’s ad, or the use of the word “Pies” in that context - also in a McD’s ad…:eek:

I’m not familiar with that usage of “pie”. When come back . . .

Here’s the Fox Detroit station’s program. Thankfully at the end, the interviewer said “When you said fisting, we should show them what you meant…” and they did a fist bump. I think they edited that in yesterday…:slight_smile:

You can fast forward through it if the Love Doctor’s saccharine voice gets to you.

I’ve not seen that McD’s apple pie commecial yet, but the Burger King commercials where the Whopper is telling his son, Whopper Jr., that he can’t sell himself for a buck are full of “ewwwww”. One example:

Actually, he was noted for frequent fisting in the wiki uncylopedia:

See entry 5 over here(link to urban dictionary.com…)

The Obamas’ll hardly be the pioneers in this area. I mean, how do you think Franklin Pierce got his last name?

There was the funky that Grover Cleveland was into… and it sure as hell didn’t involve boiling water.

…those are *HIS *steamers??

What’s a “Grover Steamer”?

I can’t view the video. Can somebody summarize it?

Talking Head Love Expert person: “…You also need to be affectionate, and you can see that with Barack and Michelle as well, they do a lot of touching, kissing, even fisting with one another, and when they kiss one another, you notice, they actually look at one another…” yadda yadda yadda.

There is a remarkable amount of emphasis on the word “fisting” that makes it even funnier and less appropriate than how it reads there.

It involves blue felt.