I watched someone dump a body in the woods

Fish and game laws don’t just control hunting, but also possession of game. Typically, the possession limit is defined as a certain number of days of daily bag limit. Game wardens are empowered to come in your house and count the fish in your freezer. So, even if the guy’s deer was legally hunted, it might have been over his possession limit.

Was the cold-blooded bastard rather stout, with a white beard? Was he dressed in red, trimmed with white fur? Did his pickup ride on runners, rather than tires? Did the deer have a shiny red nose?

And did you hear the guy go “Ho Ho Ho”?

I don’t think he said for sure that it was dead, just headless.

If it was poached or somehow a wrongful kill otherwise, why dump it? Everyone I know dismantles their deer in the garage. If you can get it into a bag and into a truck, why not just go on home and dress it? Game warden isn’t going to notice a missing deer in his jurisdiction and go around asking questions. Maybe someone was camping in late December and accidentally kilt it?

Well-played, Count Blucher.
(ne-ie-ie-ie-gh-gh)

It was resting.

“I’m a mur-diddly murderer!”

Our city will pick up dead deer if they’re on the street. One of my neighbors called the city to report a deer had died under his deck, and what should he do about it? The city staff told him a dead deer on his property was his own responsibility, but that if the deer was on the street, the city would come pick it up. Neighbor says but it’s not on the street, it’s under my deck. The city guy says *“Listen to me carefully: if the deer is on the street, we will come pick it up.” *I think the neighbor finally got the message.

I 'unno, stag party gone wrong?

Pining for the fjords?

That works only if your garage is sort of close. If you have to haul a dead deer a couple hundred miles to said garage, somebody might notice.

Moreover, many game wardens have extended search powers. In many (most?) states, if they have reasonable cause to suspect something is amiss, they don’t need a warrant to search your vehicle, for example. Depending on the legal status of the land at this “local hiking trail,” the game wardens may even have blanket authority to search any vehicle for contraband game.

The fact that the deer was dumped makes me suspect this was an “accidental” illegal kill (shot a doe during buck season, e.g.) and somebody panicked, rather than an organized and planned poaching, and panicky people might be even more fearful that the long arm of the law was coming.

“Well, it’s certainly uncontaminated by cheese…”

Hunters dump deer carcasses in the woods here in Tennessee all the time. After they clean and dress them the leftovers are so big there’s no place to put them except back in the woods. Its illegal here to put them in the trash. Too much flesh to throw them out in the bushes. The woods is the best choice. Better to be in the woods than in the ditch in your neighborhood. Beside the forest takes care of it. How many corpses have you ever found in the woods? Me,twice. A vulture and a deer skull.

That is a non sequitur. Those belong here.

This is some thing very suspicious and you should of called the police and got the license plate and vehicle and description of the bad guy to give to the police.

This guy was doing some thing suspicious. You don’t wait around to see if it is body or not or trespass on a active crime scene. You should of called cops and got out there ASAP.

Snickers at sweat209’s post. I’d love to hear that phone call to 911.

“911, how may I help you?”

“I just saw someone dump a body in the woods!”

“You just saw someone dump a body in the woods?”

“Yes!”

“Can you describe the body, sir?”

“Not really, it’s wrapped in a tarp. But a leg is hanging out; I can see the hoof!”

pause

Hoof, sir?”

“Yeah, a hoof on the leg sticking out!”

“Sir, that sounds like a deer.”

“Well, yes.”

“Let me transfer you to the Fish and Game Division, sir.”

:):smiley:

Most suspicious persons and suspicious vehicles are sent to MDT not broadcast over the police radio in lot of areas. So we probably would not even have interesting youtube clip to listen to of cop responding had OP just called in and drove off. And cop radio back later it not body.

If the OP is walking on may be crime seen of may be body he just made a prime suspect of murder. Any cop rolling up on a traffic stop of parked car ( no other cars around or parked there and no one else around) and body or animal he would been arrested for that offense.

Well he tells the cop no it was not me cops hear it billion times, it was xx that just left before you got here!! Well he in cuffs on the way to jail. And hoping some witness or street camera to back up his story in court.

There is reason cops tape of crime scene. And reason why people should not play cops.

Next week OP be posing he hears a noise next door and see door open of a house that may been broken into!! So he play cop and do walk through to see if it was broken into or not.

There was a street fight of big guy beetling on small guy!! A neighbor came out with gun to play cop to break up fight. Stop fighting or I will shoot!! He got a ride to jail that night.

So the OP should be careful.

All of the other reindeer
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Rudolph
Join in any reindeer games

Then one foggy Christmas Eve,
Killer came to say,
Rudolph with your nose so bright,
We’re going to have you whacked tonight.

Then how all the reindeer mocked him,
As they shouted out with glee,
Rudolph the red-nose reindeer
You’ll be dumped under a tree.

Yeah, I saw a strange red light blinking in the underbrush …

If we’re talking about dumping beetles, that’s a whole other kettle of fish.

It’s been known to happen.