I weeel keeel you! (Your Favorite Cornball Villains)

The campy villain gets his or her sendup with such dastardly characters as Cruella DeVille and Dr. Evil; or perhaps you liked the Sherriff of Nottingham (“Cancel Christmas!”). But for every moustache-twirling Snidely Whiplash, there must be a host of po-facedly serious cinematic evildoers whose unintentional hilarity tickled our funnybones. Goldfinger is an obvious example (“No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.”), and one of my personal, if not terribly original, favorites.

So, are there any campy big-screen baddies whose cornball antics you love to hate (or hate to love, as the case may be)? Lets revel in some MST3k-style irony as we recall our favorite onscreen hambones of villainy!

Yzma from The Emperor’s New Groove.

“I’ll smash it with a hammer!”

Emilio Lizardo. I win :smiley:

El Guapo

Sid Haig, who played Drogos in Jason of Star Command. I have never seen such glorious overacting. When he got angry after being thwarted, you could practically see smoke coming out of his ears.

John Travolta as Terl in Battlefield Earth. Man, did he stink. And I actually think he believed he was portraying a serious villain.

Gary Oldman in The Fifth Element never fails to crack me up. He’s a wonderful actor and I love the man, but what was he thinking?? It’s Ross Perot in a plastic hat, and how are you supposed to be scared of that?

And I often wonder who Jeremy Irons lost a bet with to end up in Dungeons & Dragons.

You allude to one of my favorites in the title: Sting as Feyd Harkonnen in David Lynch’s (or should I say Alan Smithee’s?) Dune.

Actually, it’s the whole Harkonnen family and their hangers-on I delight it. They’re like that old Monty Python sketch about Britain’s Worst Family… of the future! The thoroughly repulsive open-sored, flying fat-man Baron, the nearly as disgusting Beast Rabban, and psychotic Feyd jumping around in his little leather panties–they’re all so grotesquely, evilly over-the-top that I find them hilarious.

By far, my favourite OTT villain has to be The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight. Bad is good, down with government!