I will make or redo your avatar

The board does allow PNGs with alpha channels! Awesome-sauce!

Why are you not rich and/or famous for doing this? Heck, you could crank out a hundred in no time (and at eleventy-fiddy each…).

Not sure either, but I love it and will give it a shot. Thanks @running_coach!

The more I think about it, the more I love the image. Would love that on a t-shirt.

Holy cow, the alpha channels are cool. Try this: click on my ninja avatar. My user card comes up. Thanks to Dr.Crap, the Ninja sticks up out of the window, and doesn’t cut off things behind it with the background. Suweet. I wonder where else on the board alpha channels do crazy stuff?

ETA: Puzzlegal, you need an alpha channel on your PuzzleBalls

Dr.Crap, how do you have a transparent image behind your entire user card?

He doesn’t - his avatar has an alpha channel so it sticks up above the window, and somehow he set a user-card-background. You can’t see anything that’s behind the usercard rectangle. But yeah, nice trick Dr.Crap!

ETA: Ah, I see: in your user profile, there’s a User Card Background image that can be set

Huh? How did he set a user-card-background?

See my reply above (ETA, sorry)

ETA again, I just set mine to Pelosi dominating Trump

There’s also a “profile header” image that can be set. Dunno what that’s about.

If the User Card background allows PNG alpha channels, you might be able to really have a transparent user card, or one that has doughnut holes or whatever.

Got it!

Cool! I can see a background, but I can’t discern what it is behind the writing.

Oh neat! I didn’t know that was a thing you can do!

Carol, if my opinion counts in any way, I rather like yours just the way it is. Maybe the colours could change if you insist, but it was immediately apparent to me that it is a pilcrow. And even better than the usual ones, this one looks like an art deco interpretation. Heck, rotate it ninety degrees, and it would look like it belongs on a streamlined passenger train from the 1940s.

What you do is up to you, of course, but I wanted to let you know how much I like yours just the way it is.

If anyone cares, I just tried and it looks like alpha channels don’t work on user card background :cry:

DrCrap, if you want to try to sharpen mine, have at it. I grabbed it off an animated gif long ago and can’t find the source any more. It looks ok at thread size, but any bigger looks blurry or pixelated.

And maybe a transparent background, as long as the edges are defined in either light or dark theme.

@puzzlegal I can try removing the background and, if you like it, you can use it. Upload it to imgur (hit the new post button in the upper left) and post or pm me the link.

@CairoCarol How’s this?

How nice! But doing this for free is my only redeeming quality. :man_shrugging:

@TroutMan How’s this?

If that’s the case, it’s a very good one. As someone who usually notices avatars before the names, I really appreciate the work you’re doing. Thank you. :+1: