[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
Most likely, it’s even odds that said teacher would already have a suitable gun, but the training would have to be dealt with. It’s not much more expensive than any standard training certification. Might be cheaper. There’s systems in place to handle it. As for a biometric gun safe, a box with a lock to put guns in, that is biometric in nature… can’t check, at work. Froogle says $479 for one version.
[/quote]
Do half the teachers have a biometric gun?
If a biometric system costs nearly $500 and you multiply by the number of US teachers … who’s going to pay for that?
[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
Nope, but having one person in every neighborhood happens to work. I took down a racoon once, and I grew up shooting rats down by the pond. Couldn’t poison them, as they were eating the duck food (and the ducks), and it’d kill the ducks. So I shot 'em till they were all dead. Havn’t seen a rat there for twenty years, now. (Yeah, we tried Havahart and other traps. Didn’t get 'em all)
[/quote]
I appreciate that you dealt with some pests in your neighbourhood.
Have they all gone now? if so, why do you need your gun?
How many gun owners would you need nationwide for this?
[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
Doesn’t matter, it’s literally impossible, with human abilities, to get rid of all the guns in the US. And we aren’t going to do it. Can we talk reality here?
[/quote]
You asked for solutions and I showed you something that works in my country.
[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
Hm. Bout one threat every quarter, two real bombs, zero deaths. (One bomb was actually a chem teacher’s fireworks demo. REALLY cool chem teacher)
[/quote]
So this isn’t as big a problem as shootings?
[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
Cause you can’t eliminate the shootings. You can’t get rid of the one or two nutbars who seem perfectly normal for twenty years and then flip out. All you can do is try to protect people when they do flip out.
[/quote]
As I’ve said, you can eliminate the shootings.
[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
Could have made the revolver in the UK. It just requires enough tools to machine auto parts. And much less precision. And if I was a raving loony and british, the obssessive sort, I might well build exactly the gun I wanted, and go out shooting with a Webley duplicate elephant gun. That said, there seem to be shootings and gang incidents in Manchester. So there are guns there…
[/quote]
Well we don’t seem to have raving loonies who build guns.
Yes, there is some drug-related gun crime here. Mainly criminals killing each other.
Far less gun homicides than in the US.
And no school shootings for a decade (and little before that).
‘I think, by and large, this is a problem society can solve to 99% accuracy. And has.’
[QUOTE=E-Sabbath]
It’s that .001 percent that gives you what you had yesterday. And the only way to deal with it is to have someone on the scene.
[/QUOTE]
You mean 1%, right?! 
Since banning guns works, it’s clearly not the only way to deal with it.