I win! I win!!!

Okatym: Being me has its benefits, much of which involve playing FreeCell and Minesweeper. I get bored, just like everyone else, but who wouldn’t if all they did was hear millions of 300+ pound mammels grunt all day about grass and milk? Of course, there are those who do ritual sacrifices in my honor, and all those in India really dig my style, so being the cow god is all good. Even those pesky Isrealites started worshipping me after they realized their god didnt’ exist! Of course, had Moses not destroyed the Holy Cow, you’d all still be worshipping me! Although I don’t know if I’d really dig the whole master of the universe thingy, cuz I’m not; that’s GOD’s job, I just cover bovines and bovine accessories.

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

Ummm, CowGod, are your ears ringing? I think you’d better high-tail it over to the “Full-time job” category. (Pardon the pun.)

No, that would have been too obscurely humorous even for me.

I’m assuming you have a two button mouse and use the left button to “click” the squares. This reveals what’s under the square and detonates the mine if there’s one there. But if you “click” a square with the right button on your mouse it marks the square with a flag (see the Cow God’s picture). You can use these flags to mark the known locations of undetonated mines. Keeping track of the mines as you play (as well as the total number located) makes the game easier. On the othere hand, not flagging the mines you’ve located makes the game more difficult.

See, that cleared things up…

Hmmmm… right mouse button eh…

Coldfire’s off to break his record

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

High Scores (at least, on this computer…I’ve done better.)

Beginner: 14
Intermediate: 64
Expert: 198

I’m just proud I’ve finished Expert…and saddened…I really don’t have a life.

My scores are alright…

http://members.aol.com/lou826/besttime.gif

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are thinking.
Fun with HTML (tutoral)
Give someone an F.U.

My best score is 163 seconds, which puts me just barely ahead of Fretful and way behind sloth. I’ll settle for second place on a board this brainy.

What I hate are the times when you cannot deduce which squares are mined and just have to guess. Especially when you’ve only got a few squares left and time is running out.

Are you aware you can click both mouse buttons and see the area your square influences?

“The inability of science to grasp Quality, as an object of enquiry, makes it impossible for science to provide a scale of values.”
Robert Pirsig

We got a “new” computer at work this week with Windows. We were all told that we shouldn’t be playing at work and to prevent us from doing so the games were being removed. Of course, the people that are supposed to know these things are as computer literate as gerbils, so all they did was remove the icons. Naturally, those of us that live in the real world were quickly able to access the games via the file names and play them. My own contribution was to post the boss’s name as the high scorer on all three levels of Mindsweeper.

Typo. Minesweeper not Mindsweeper. Although the second term might be more relevant with some of the people I have to work for.

I have nearly won the game (at the highest level) three times. But as usual, with my luck, it comes to a point where it is a 50-50 chance of hitting the correct square and I lose.

Oh yes BTW congratulations (you make me sick :slight_smile: )