Ice cream flavors

I voted “mint” too but I meant “peppermint”.

It’s too bad we were limited to only one flavor because I would’ve liked to select coffee/mocha too along with “other” (for banana, cherry-chocolate, and/or huckleberry).

I’m assuming this is a poll? :frowning: Since I can’t see it because I’m surfing on my phone, I’ll just go with my favorite anyway… pralines and cream. Yum!

I love dark chocolate awfully much, but my vote goes to pistachio. There just aren’t enough pistachio-flavored things in the world.

I’ve always heard that vanilla is the most popular flavor. But if that’s true, I wonder if more people really do choose vanilar or if – what I think – it’s just because it’s automatically included in so many sundae-type concoctions.

Lehua Honey and Sweet Cream. I only had it once a few years back, I was offered my choice of 8 or 9 different ice creams, and I hadn’t had anywhere near my daily calories and decided on the most decadent sounding one available.

I went with butter pecan. I’ll mention maple walnut.

Hmm, I just realized I am a fan of ice cream laced with Juglandaceae.

Moose Tracks, and chocolate Moose Tracks - both would be my “other”.

I absolutely love ice cream, and there are few flavors I’ll turn down. I don’t like bananas or banana flavoring, don’t like coffee flavor, and not very fond of mint. But just about everything else is aces with me!

Tutti-frutti! Not a very common ice-cream flavor in the US, I suspect, though the Wikipedia entry does say that it was invented by one Roy Motherhead of Kentucky. Also, a whole range of ice creams based on Indian sweets, like Spanish saffron with cream balls, Shahi Anjeer (royal fig) and Rajbhog. Yum! Ice cream is a food group in my house :).

I enjoy most any ice cream flavor. Hey, it’s ice cream, not a sharp stick in the eye. But if I could only have one ice cream flavor for the rest of my life, it would be vanilla. Vanilla ice cream is good by itself, you can mix in whatever you want, and don’t forget about a la mode!

Really? No “Cherry Garcia”?? I declare this poll null and void. :wink:

In all honesty, I would vote ANYTHING as long as it is GOOD ice cream, really good ice cream.

The “salted caramel” sounds intriguing. When I was out in the Bay area last moth my friend and I went to get some in the Mission District but the line wrapped around the corner and half way down the block. :frowning: I will use that as a good excuse to return soon.

Tiger: Orange and Black Licorice, sometimes with a cream stripe as well.

The vegan Toasted Coconut gelato at Wynn Las Vegas.

Otherwise, French Vanilla.

Surprised not to see butterscotch there. That’s probably mine.

Since I could only vote for one it’s chocolate but really the world would be a much duller place with only one flavour of ice cream.

Saffron/cardamom/rosewater kulfi, ooh aah, to die for. Kulfi is ice cream made from condensed milk instead of cream. All the richness without quite as much fat.

When I bussed tables at an Indian restaurant in high school, the restaurant made kulfi (and most of their desserts) by condensing cream. Seriously, the owner poured thick cream in a big double boiler and cooked it down to something like half the volume. Man, those desserts were good!

Sorry!!! I was trying hard to remember everything worth including. Twenty-some years ago, I was practically living on Cherry Garcia. I would still love it (if I hadn’t gotten out of the ice cream habit; I rarely touch the stuff these days). But once I’d counted 23 poll choices, I thought it would get cumbersome to include any more. Maybe this poll was overreaching.

I would kill for the butterscotch ice cream of my youth.

Blueberry, ginger, coconut (separate flavors, not combined) :smiley:

Never heard of it, but it sounds good.