I'd like it on top (Windows question)

Is there any way to make one window in the Windows OS stay on top of all others, like that d_mned Netzero ad bar does? I’d like to have one window full screen but still be able to see another, smaller window on top of it.

Thanks,

Zarathustra

Well, if you’re talking about Win95, AFAIK there’s no way to make one window always be on top, although I could be wrong.

What you can do is fiddle around with the window sizing and make it so that you have two or three windows fitting into the desktop, like playing cards laid out on a tabletop.

Or you can have your one important window that you always want to see, be a small one in the upper corner, or a long narrow one down across the bottom, and the other window(s) arranged around the desktop.

Then even though you click on another window, the window you always want to see will at least be on the desktop, although grayed, instead of automatically being minimized down into the tray.

Hmm. My subconscious reminds me that there’s a thing called having your windows either Cascade, Tile Horizontally, or Tile Vertically. Look it up in the Help file, it’s too late at night for me to try and figure out how it works. I don’t use it, myself. If I have a window that I want to keep, I just do the thing with the sizing.

Here’s a site for a free utility called “Nail It!” that should do the job for you. I don’t think it’s a feature built into windows.
http://www.yankeewebworks.com/wck/nailit_review.html

Thanks, SF and DDG, for the swift replys. I’ll try that site. But that doesn’t mean I don’t still think you’re a cultural imperialist, DDG.

Zarathustra

Administer smiley to above post as needed.

What version of windows? Did you check the window properties for a ‘keep window on top’ option??

I’m using Windows 2000. Whare would I check for such an option? If I right click on a particular window, all I see are options to “restore”, “move”, “size”, “minimize”, “maximize”, and “close”.