Identify this bread/pastry?

Not whip cream?

No.

Whipped Cream (because it’s been whipped; it’s not made of whips)
Iced or Ice Tea (because it’s been iced and it has ice in it, I’ll accept and have seen both, but I prefer Iced)
Creamed Butter and Sugar (because it’s been creamed, def 1: beaten
Creamed Spinach (because it’s been creamed, def 2: added to a cream sauce)
Cream Cheese (because it’s made from cream)
Ham Loaf (because it’s made from ham)

Verbed: 'ed
Noun (made from): no 'ed

The distinctions people are pointing out to you aren’t subtle, so you’re coming off as deliberately ignorant. It’s not pretty.

too short?

Jesus fucking Christ, the board ate my last post. Said it was too short. Needless to say, I feel I am right and not shortshighted. However all you peons seem to think you have the high road so I’ll let it go.

I think this is a good explanation, but English forms compound nouns in many ways that are just idiosyncratic, and don’t necessarily follow any “scientific” rules. (Take roast beef–it’s not made of roast. It is, in fact, roasted.) According to Abby_Emma_Sasha, it’s not correct to say The children went to school at 7:30, and it should be The children goed to school at 7:30.

That’s it. Hold on to your position despite all the evidence being against it and then insult anyone who explains it to you.

Very classy. Not that I would know, being a peon and all.

Oh, I’m holding on to to my position , but if you think you’re the only one being insulted, it’s a shame.

Anyway, I didn’t mean to, I just think you all are wrong.

BTW , peon is a word on myself frequently.

First, roast is a really silly word to say. Roast, roast, roast.

I think roast beef is made of roast. Pot roast, for example, is roast that isn’t roasted but braised.

But I think that’s an example of a word having one meaning, then getting detached from that meaning and being used as a stand-in for another word. In this case “roast” left the “roasting” behind and became a certain cut of meat.

Then SHOW it. I’m very willing to be corrected on this if you give some evidence that all of the cites given so far are wrong. Heck, give some evidence that ANY of them are wrong. It’s also fine to say that you were mistaken. God knows all of us can get hold of the wrong end of the stick on occasion.

Well, my gosh, I thought I did show I was right. Cream is made from milk from cows and cheese is made from the by products thereof. Maybe I’m wrong. Who knows? Hey, it could happen.

Look, I get uhh, upset sometimes, and say things I shouldn’t, That doesn’t mean I let things go, it just means I need to step back. So you go for it, babe.

And as has been pointed out over and over, cream is an ingredient in cream cheese, not a method of producing cream cheese.

When everyone else has provided you with a number of cites from a number of different sources, and all you’ve done is stubbornly ignored them, called them names, and declared yourself correct despite a lot of evidence to the contrary, you might want to reconsider your position. At the very least, you should be providing something to back it up.

Cream cheese is a specific type of cheese made with cream. It is named so because of the ingredients. Mashed potatoes are named for the method used to prepare them. If, however, they were flavoured with garlic, they would then be called garlic mashed potatoes, not garliced mashed potatoes.

Finally, it is completely irrelevant that you may or may not call yourself a ‘peon’ frequently. It’s still rude to call others names, and greatly dilutes any argument you’re trying to make.

That’s correct in that a verb in English can be used as a noun, (and a noun as a verb). But in that case, why not say “beef roast,” as you would say “fish taco” (rather than “taco fish”)?

As I said before, compound nouns in English are often idiosyncratic, and don’t always follow strict rules, and it’s kind of pointless to go around saying something is “wrong” or “right.” It’s like saying someone’s name is “wrong,” and that he or she must change it.

spoike, I will give you and your numbers their due. They can have their cream and eat it too. I will not give you any insults, however. Maybe peons was not the right word to use, but hardly an insult. I make no apologies.

OK, one last analogy (and, yes, you are wrong on this point)

What do you call a sauce based on cream? A cream sauce. What do you call the pastry containing cream as a main ingredient? Cream puffs. Or how about the dessert stuffed with a cream sauce? Cream pie.

What do you call cheeses made with skim milk? Skim-milk cheeses. What do you call cheeses made with whole milk? Whole milk cheese. What do you call a cheese made with cream? Yes, cream (not creamed) cheese.

If you want to still think you’re right, you’re just being stubborn.

I’m willing to let it go and call it a draw.

I call it creamed ceese.

I said I woullld lt it go, and I will.

Don’t even bother, I already know I misspelled cheese.

You can call it whatever you want. That doesn’t mean everyone else is “wrong.”