If I produced The Singing Bee and I was EVIL

On one of the karaoke shows they recently used the theme from the Flintstones:

Let’s ride with the family down the street

(it’s famously a line that no one gets correct)

Through the courtesy of Fred’s two feet

I was waiting for:

Didn’t need no welfare state
Everybody pulled his weight

Those were the days

Gee, our old LaSalle ran great

The really fast part from “One Week” by the Barenaked Ladies.

'Twas the Singing Bee. That was EVIL. Not only does nobody ever hear that line right, it’s a really strange phrasing, so it’s pretty much impossible to piece it together.

All in all, I prefer the format of Don’t Forget the Lyrics - the Singing Bee’s first round is horribly designed, and one of the second round games drives me batty when trying to play along - but the Singing Bee has the more entertaining talent (both in the form of Fatone and the band, and the contestants) on the whole, so it evens out.

I prefer Don’t Forget the Lyrics but I can’t remember the title of the show.
Shout! Would be fun to see if they could exactly say how many times to ‘a little bit softer now’ before they begin the ‘a little bit louder now’ part.

Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. No one knows that pseudo-Spanish they’re singing at the end

alternatively

Sun King - The Beatles. Is that supposed to be Italian or Latin at the end or something?

Nena - Neunundneunzig Luftballons

Possibly something obscure from a band with an extensive catalogue, such as the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin or Van Halen.

Of course, obscure songs are too easy. I could ask for thinks like “Kings and Queens” by Renaissance, “Electric Sailor” by Kak, or “Moon in June” by Soft Machine (which is the hardest of them all because the lyrics don’t rhyme and there were completely different lyrics each time is was sung). But that would just get boring.

How about Tom Lehrer’s “The Elements”?

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. IIRC, even they wouldn’t perform it live in concert, it was too complicated.

that song that Simon and Garfunkel sang with “Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme”.

I could probably do it. Lemme see, off the top of my head:

You let me violate you
You let me desecrate you
You let me penetrate you
You let me complicate you
Help me, I’ve broke apart my insides
Help me, I’ve got no soul to tell
Help me, the only thing that works for me
Help me, I’ve got to get away from myself
I wanna fuck you like an animal
I wanna feel you from the inside
I wanna fuck you like an animal
My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to God

Good enough for a show like that? I haven’t seen any of them.

Hey, how about “Caress Me Down” by Sublime or the entirety of “L’Via L’Viaquez” by The Mars Volta.

Much easier to understand if you listen to the original by Springsteen

I prefer the version from when Peter Griffen was in the band…“Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Lawrey’s Seasoning Salt”

In which case, it’s “cut loose like a deuce.” It really is a confusing line.

Solar Prestige - Elton John and Bernie Taupin

(First verse)

Oh ma cameo molesting
Kee pa a poorer for tea
Solar prestige a gammon
Lantern or turbert paw kwee

Yea, I suppose it is now that you mention it. :smack:

Carmina Burana

what?

Sukiyaki, then

Pearl Jam’s “Yellow Ledbetter”, of course.

:smiley:

I think that the premise of this thread is going a little far afield with all these obscure songs (oh sure, I picked a Salsa song but it is a very well known Salsa song) since the show uses very well known songs.

Another one I’d pick would be the Stevie Nick’s Edge of Seventeen. Because who among us hasn’t heard the chorus as “Just like a wild wind” or “Wild winter” or, even closer “wild winged dove”.

How about starting a biiiig controversy? Is it Itsy, Bitsy Spider or Teeny, Weeny Spider?

It’s Itsy, Bitsy. Allayalls who say anything different are WRONG!

Of it is Itsy Bitsy.

How about the Star-Spangled Banner? Have the contestant sing the second verse.

Muuu wa wa ha ha ha

I would hope that the songs on Elton’s Caribou album are not considered “obscure”.