If stinging insects or caterpillars freak you out, do not look at the enclosed lonk.

[QUOTE=danceswithcats]
What would a hornless Lonk honk? His honkerchief?
[/QUOTE]

Heh stupid yankees!
The hornless lonk would reciprocally lonk the nearest other hornless lonk’s lonk!

And I’ve been told they’ll lonk even horned lonk’s lonk too, so watch yourself. (insert mean-spirited redneck lonk smilie here)

Oh snap. That wasps’ nest looks like something out of Alien. :eek:

I’m generally not afraid of insects.

I was, however, afraid of a lonk.

Once. In 1960. For twenty minutes–OW! Why are you hitting me?!? OW!

Okay, the worst part about the tenet caterpillar lonk is that I absolutely could not stop myself from continuing to scroll down. Gah.

[QUOTE=Foldup Rabbit]
Okay, the worst part about the tenet caterpillar lonk is that I absolutely could not stop myself from continuing to scroll down. Gah.
[/QUOTE]

Wait, these caterpillars work for the CIA ?

TENT, darn it all. TENT. Is this the official typo thread?

[QUOTE=Foldup Rabbit]
TENT, darn it all. TENT. Is this the official typo thread?
[/QUOTE]

Yse.

Whew. I managed to get all the way to the bottom of this thread without clicking on any links.

Bugs squick me out.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :eek: Why, oh, why do I read these threads??? I’m never going to get to sleep tonight.

Somebody *please * tell me that those caterpillars at least turn into stunningly beautiful butterflies.

All hail the giant-balled Lonk! We have witnessed his lonkiness and weep in wonder.

[QUOTE=Surly Chick]

Somebody *please * tell me that those caterpillars at least turn into stunningly beautiful butterflies.

[/QUOTE]

Apparently not:

sayeth Backyard Nature

[QUOTE=Foldup Rabbit]
TENT, darn it all. TENT. Is this the official typo thread?
[/QUOTE]
The tenet caterpillar is much more dependent upon doctrine and dogma. Sort of the insect cognate of the tent evangelist.

[QUOTE=Ellen Cherry]
Apparently not:

sayeth Backyard Nature
[/QUOTE]

I found a picture … it’s a PDF, though–beware. Tent Catepillar Butterfly Lonk

[QUOTE=Ellen Cherry]
I found a picture … it’s a PDF, though–beware. Tent Catepillar Butterfly Lonk
[/QUOTE]

Heh. “Hairy, heavy body.” How appropriately lonk-like.

[QUOTE=Surly Chick]
Heh. “Hairy, heavy body.” How appropriately lonk-like.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, but does it have hairy balls?

[QUOTE=Sunspace]
Yes, but does it have hairy balls?
[/QUOTE]

Certainly nothing approaching the size of Mighty Lonk’s.

Yes, but is it a 1920’s style death lonk? Owww…go back to hitting Kythereia.

Just like to say, I’m lanky and from Lancs. Does that make me a Lonk?

It’s a little-known fact that tent caterpillars are the subject of scorn and ridicule from the more upmarket mobile home caterpillars, whereas both groups look down with equal derision upon static trailer caterpillars.

[QUOTE=Mangetout]
It’s a little-known fact that tent caterpillars are the subject of scorn and ridicule from the more upmarket mobile home caterpillars, whereas both groups look down with equal derision upon static trailer caterpillars.
[/QUOTE]

Water out nose. Thanks.

[QUOTE=indecisive1]
Hey, didn’t your other Lonk lonk state the Lonk was hornless?
[/QUOTE]

Homeless lonks are a problem in rural areas as well as large urban centers.