[QUOTE=Lobsang]
Just like to say, I’m lanky and from Lancs. Does that make me a Lonk?
[/QUOTE]
Do you have …horns?
[QUOTE=Mangetout]
It’s a little-known fact that tent caterpillars are the subject of scorn and ridicule from the more upmarket mobile home caterpillars, whereas both groups look down with equal derision upon static trailer caterpillars.
[/QUOTE]
That would wcplain the tent caterpillars’ cliquisness.
Tenet caterpillars, on the other hand, are known for their ideological rigidity. They don’t let facts or reality get in the way of a good old-fashioned defoliation.
[QUOTE=Sunspace]
Do you have …horns?
[/QUOTE]
and HUGE wooly testicles?
[QUOTE=danceswithcats]
and HUGE wooly testicles?
[/QUOTE]
I wasn’t going to say that…
I wasn’t either. But someone had to. Thank you, danceswithcats.
[QUOTE=danceswithcats]
and HUGE wooly testicles?
[/QUOTE]
Someone, not I, should say, “Like the shaggy dog, they are all hair.”
How soon before this thread makes it to “Threadspotting”?
You guys are funny. Thanks for the laugh.
[QUOTE=wisernow]
How soon before this thread makes it to “Threadspotting”?
You guys are funny. Thanks for the laugh.
[/QUOTE]
[sub]Don’t mention the T-word! Now it’ll never happen![/sub]
The first tenet of Lonk Club is, you never talk about Lonk Club.
The second tenet of Lonk Club is, there is no second tenet of Lonk Club.
We need a bumper sticker: Honk if you {heart} Lonks.
[QUOTE=Surly Chick]
We need a bumper sticker: Honk if you {heart} Lonks.
[/QUOTE]
I’m sure that Hal Briston would buy the first one!
[QUOTE=carnivorousplant]
Someone, not I, should say, “Like the shaggy dog, they are all hair.”
[/QUOTE]
And someone, not I, should add “but chock full of lonky goodness.”
I’m sorry. That’s been running around in my head for the last hour and a half and I just couldn’t hold it in any longer.
[QUOTE=Thalion]
I’m sure that Hal Briston would buy the first one!
[/QUOTE]
I wonder whther the [Honk if you {spade} lonks] bumper sticker would be more appropriate?
True devotees who have learned all there is to know about them are called Lonk Wonks.
[QUOTE=Sunspace]
Scarier, but not quite as creepy as this (from a message on the Devilbunnies mailing list):
Tenet caterpillars enveloping trees and a bicycle in Sweden.
[/QUOTE]
:: Itch, itch ::
:: twitch, twitch ::
:: itch, twitch, itch ::
:: Itch ::
I’ll never sleep again
[QUOTE=Winston Smith]
I’ll never sleep again
[/QUOTE]
You can always try counting lonks…
[QUOTE=Surly Chick]
You can always try counting lonks…
[/QUOTE]
Hideous, hideous lonks.
:: shudder ::
I saw this title and thought maybe it would be about the diabolical Puss Caterpillar. That’s as close a name as I can find to identify it, through pics on the internet. However the ones described on the internet are 3/4 - 1 inch long and the one that stung me in Trinidad (West Indies) was about 3 inches long. It only brushed my arm but it was about the most excruciating and unrelenting pain as I’ve ever experienced in my life.
[QUOTE=Winston Smith]
Hideous, hideous lonks.
:: shudder ::
[/QUOTE]
I dunno… I thought they had a kind of brutal majesty. Not insectoid at all.
[QUOTE=Surly Chick]
And someone, not I, should add “but chock full of lonky goodness.”
[/QUOTE]
I retire from the field in disarray and embarassment.
To the tune of ‘It’s Slinky’
*They have wooly butts
and big wooly nuts
their circular horns don’t honk.
They’re raised for their meat
they walk on the peat
Everyone knows it’s Lonk!
It’s Lonk, it’s Lonk,
they’re big, they’re fuzzy, they’re sheep.
It’s Lonk, it’s Lonk
have sex with them-you’re a creep.*