If Trump Really Is Hitler...

Ignoring the debatability of that claim it’s pointless, since all fighting the US military would get you is dead. Mobs with small arms are no match for a modern military. Guns don’t give people power; that’s why the Right likes encouraging people to love guns.

Having a gun at most just makes it easier to excuse shooting you, and more likely you’ll commit suicide. Real life isn’t an FPS game where one guy with a gun can beat an army.

There are mobs with small arms all around the world and through history who would like to have a disagreement with you about their effectiveness against modern military powers.

Dead mobs, typically.

Also very much alive and effective, I’m sure you don’t need a history lesson in the effectiveness of a small determined group of people dedicated to a cause, from Gen Washington, to Vietnam, to current Afganistan.

But this conversation is off topic, so I’ll go back to the original question.

Arming yourselves is the power brought to you by the constitution. Remember too, that the U.S. military that you imply will utterly remove armed resistance is pledged to protect and preserve the Constitution, not the president. So the scenario you are suggesting might not really be mobs with small arms.

I think there are a couple of flaws in the OP’s premise. A lot of the talk I see is not that Trump is Hitler, but that he is a fascist. Mussolini was also a fascist, but wasn’t Hitler. Secondly, there really wasn’t much in the way of significant domestic resistance to Hitler; there were some intellectuals who bickered amongst themselves all the way to the gas chamber and there was a late attempt by the German military to kill Hitler, not because of his crimes against humanity, but because he was losing the war.

As far as resistance to Trump and his proto-fascist movement, you’re seeing it. It’s protests and it’s lawyers for the ACLU getting ready to challenge his every move. It’s people raising money to try to get the House out of Republican hands, it’s people reminding anyone who will listen that this is not okay, that we will not let this become the new normal. It’s this Thanksgiving being the last time that a lot of sons and daughters ever talk to their bigoted parents, it’s a gay man telling his family that if they can’t accept his husband, they can’t accept him. It’s making it clear which side is the right side of history and hoping that enough people come to their senses to reverse course through the ballot box before it’s too late.

Which doesn’t matter. All three were elected leaders of their governing bodies, for which there is no single collective term in English. And they are being compared and contrasted with each other in that respect. Now get on with the discussion.
One can draw comparisons in the campaign style of Trump and Hitler, and in the social and economic circumsances under which that style was successful, but that does not imply that the same history willl continue to repeat itself to the same end.

You do realize that Hitler thought the same thing about the Brits and Americans of that generation, don’t you?

The only problem Canada would have is that there just aren’t enough of us.

[quote=“BigT, post:17, topic:772315”]

Seriously?
And, yeah, Trump isn’t Hitler. It’s just that he’s the closest the US has had.

He’s not even President yet! And i seriously doubt he even comes close to doing what the “Being Liberal FB Page Avatar” (FDR) does.

…that’s locking up 110,000 Americans who had commited no crime, btw. Nice pick ‘Being Liberal’!!

I have faith, perhaps misplaced, that the U.S. military would stop a Trump-Hitler.

Trump is much more of a Mussolini than a Hitler. He’ll attack Ethiopia, not France. I can see him hanging from a meat hook one day, I can’t see him committing suicide in a bunker.

I’m hoping Trump proves to be more Chauncey Gardner than Uncle Adolf. There are some encouraging signs this may in fact be the case.

Suicide in a bunker near the Chancellery?

And you think Germany did NOT have a constitition? Wiki has an article about the Weimar Constitution. look it up. It even guaranteed freedom of religion. But that did not do jack shit for the Jews, did it?
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

A majority of military voters favored Trump & Johnson (though perhaps only because they are mostly male). So evidently a majority of the military consider Trump’s rhetoric to be acceptable for their Commander in Chief.

This comparison is silly. Hitler, if nothing else, was a fairly competent artist. Trump can’t even draw stick figures properly.

Hitler was a very cunning, intelligent, informed leader. Trump couldn’t be Hitler.

And you think Germany did NOT have a constitition as good as the American Constitution? Wiki has an article about the Weimar Constitution. Look it up. It even guaranteed freedom of religion. But that did not do jack shit for the Jews, did it ?

I am really done underestimating Trump. Besides, Hitler was not all that cunning. He was a failed artist, for crying out loud. Trump was a business mogu.

Yes, but he hasn’t gone full Hitler yet. I have trouble seeing them go along with an actual and completely illegal agenda. (At least domestically). I acknowledge I could be wrong. Hope we never have to find out.

This is pretty much an oxymoron. I thought the meme was that Clinton lost because she was just too darn rude.