[QUOTE=Cyberhwk]
I honestly don’t see anything you could do to make money while invisible, that you couldn’t do anyway. It just may make it much easier to get away with while invisible.
[/QUOTE]
You lack imagination, my friend … Actually, this depends a lot on the precise nature of your invisibility, so it’s hard to come up with money-making plans in a ‘general’ thread like this one. Of course, there’s the obvious–if you have no intention of keeping your power secret, there’s always the celebrity angle. Can you imagine what an Invisible Man could make in television appearance … erm, non-appearance … fees alone?
That could actually be fun, pranking some of the stuffed shirts.
Regis: “And, here he is–the famous Invisible Man! So, I.M., what have you been up to lately?”
<crickets>
Regis: “Um, hey buddy, are you there?”
<crickets>
Regis: “Hey, I don’t think he’s here. Anyone seen … um, I mean … )(*@$^”
Me: “Heh. Just messing with you, Reg. So, what do you think of my new hairstyle?”
Priceless, SCSimmons! I can sense you’re into the spirit of the thread!
Of course this is a fanciful notion. Of course it’s an opportunity to consider options “outside the box.”
I mean, if I could turn myself invisible I’d just do it and work out the details of how to exploit that power as time went along. But first, I’d want to cause a little trouble for somebody. These White House suggestions really are tempting, aren’t they?
[QUOTE=BobLibDem]
If I could carry a squirt gun and have it be invisible as well as me, I’d make George Bush appear to wet his pants at a public appearance. Or I’d get Bush and Cheney when they’re alone and slap each one so that they think the other guy did it.
[/QUOTE]
You could punh Bush in the stomach hard enough to make him vomit on someone. Or has that already breen done?
[QUOTE=Der Trihs]
…screwing with [Bush’s] head. Whispering into his ear “You have failed your God” or “THEY are coming for you . . .” in as creepy a voice as I can manage, say.
[/QUOTE]
This is already happening :).
Initially I would just play practical jokes on people. Later I would join forces with a stage magician and earn an honest living.
[QUOTE=Zeldar]
In case it’s not clear: this is mostly for giggles.
[/QUOTE]
I apologize; perhaps it wasn’t entirely clear that I occasionally get my giggles from torturing hypotheticals beyond all reason.
In the spirit of things, though, I believe I’ve worked out what I’d most like to do: Get into a Harold Bloom lecture (while visible), and, at an opportune moment, put on a pointy hat, pelt him with a handful of every-flavor beans, yell “Hogwarts forever,” and then disappear.
We’ll just see who winds up in the rubbish bin then.