If you had the chance to live an extra 100 years ...

The quickest “no”.

I"m in bearable shape and have no dependents I’d have to watch age past me, so yes. Definitely.

I’d take that deal. I’m 55 now, but expecting to last another 40 years or so, meaning under these terms I could come close to 200 - that’d be cool.

Holy crap - I think I get all those stupid vampire novels now. I’ve never gotten why someone 200 years old would want to date a high schooler but if I’m a nearly two centuries old the age difference between someone 18 and 28 would be pretty insignificant. Still, remembering how annoying high school girls were…

I would like to get in better shape, something that’s starting to happen, but I’m in decent enough shape that I’d be willing to live as I am for a hundred years. Also I don’t currently have a headache or any little physical problems that would become a maddening irritant if they stayed constant. Since I don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe, I assume I also don’t need to sleep, but can if I want to like the others, which is ideal; if I’m bored at a particular moment, I can sleep, otherwise I get to actually use that time each day. Having an extra eight hours to do whatever I want would make occupying so much of my time working much more bearable, too. I’d save a lot of money by only eating when I want to enjoy the taste, and skipping meals at all other times. And since I won’t get any aches or pains that I don’t have right at this moment, it means I could do just about anything I’m currently capable of for any length of time. Maybe I’ll start by winning some endurance contests or something.

Ironically, while I’m afraid of not being able to kill myself in a realistic situation where I’m crippled beyond my ability to enjoy existence, or slowly losing my mind or something like that, I think I could accept not being able to die for a hundred years since I also know I won’t become crippled or have dementia or something like that. Not that there aren’t bad things that might happen, but I feel like they’re low enough chance that I can risk them.

So, yeah, I’d take it.

So some poor bastards will be stuck in Jersey for the next 100 years?

In all seriousness, living another 100 sounds exhausting.
mmm

No thanks. I’m okay with lifespans as they are.

Maybe if it was a guarantee that the next hundred years I would absolutely not die of anything at all including accidents, or be unwell, or injured. But even then, I am not enjoying life all that much and would rather it didn’t keep going too much longer.

Interesting question until Czarcasm went all fundamentalist on his premise. In effect you would live 100 year without being human.

So my answer: I’m a bit hungry at the moment, wouldn’t like to feel like that for a 100 of years.

For a normal version where you get to live another 100 years in your current state, but as a human being: probably an easy “yes please”.

I have no hope for the future at this point; living another 100 years no longer appeals to me.

Yeah, I’d go for it

No. I have chronic pain and other health issues. 100 years without decline is appealing, but also without improvement or treatment? That’s a deal breaker.

Absolutely. I am in great shape for a 63 year old who would love to see the next 100 years.

Absolutely!

The more I think about the offer, the more I like it, but I do remain worried about my ability to financially support myself that far into the future.
Question: How many people is the offer being made to? If I accept, how many other old-timers will there be running around?

No way I want to bury my wife and sons. That would truly suck. Also, I kind of need to take a dump, but I’m avoiding making the cat get out of my lap.

A century with a cat on your lap - definitely a mixed blessing.

Who pays? I’m retired but my retirement savings won’t last. No way am I going back to work for a hundred years.

20 years ago? Certainly.
Now? Probably yes. Sign me up for a Mars mission if I can’t die or be harmed. Grand tour of the solar system anyone?
10 years from now? Most likely not as the decline in health and body would make it seem like 200 years.

Ooh, no thanks. I con’t die or be harmed, but if something goes wrong, I could find myself stranded alone on Mars—or floating alone through space—for 100 years.

Monologue from 100 years from now:

Homeowner: Dammit, I am tired of the bands of roving marauders stealing my intelligent electric car every week. Sayyyyy, my junk room has an enormous door on it. I’ll bet I could clean out all the junk from my junk room and drive my car directly into the junk room from my mini-parking lot! Marauders would never think to find my car stashed in my junk room!

Social Media response: Haha!

I’ve always thought that it would be fun to be able to take a year or five away from the bustle of daily life & do absolutely massive amounts of drugs - all of the drugs - and it would be an even better deal to have invulnerability on my side. But, if altering my consciousness isn’t possible, the whole idea is much less attractive.

I’m not sure that I’d like not sleeping at all. I rather enjoy it sometimes.

On the other hand, there are a number fields of study that I’d like more time to explore.

I enjoyed being a parent. If I would still be able to have a child or two every 20 or 30 years, that would be nice.

Anyone accepting this deal would absolutely have to avoid being convicted of a serious felony. A 100 year sentence would make you the longest serving prisoner in all of history.