If you need to brag, put 'er here

I finished my first feature movie (digital) back in September, just in time for the deadline to the biggest local film festival. Not only was it accepted, but it won the Best Hometowner Feature! We premiered last night to a sellout crowd, and everybody laughed in all the right places! Not bad for a first time writer/director, eh?

I kayaked on white-water for the first time today and didn’t go over once, but the other three guys in my group who had done moving water before did.

I’m retired on a decent income.

Hell Yeah!

mlerose, congrats on the DL. BTW, I can parallel park a Freightliner hooked to a 57’ trailer. :slight_smile:

That is awesome. Congratulations, even if you can’t be together right now.
Uh, as for my bragging… hmm. I did get the position at my company that I’ve been trying to get for about a year and a half now. So I don’t have to be a programmer anymore! That’s a good thing.

My dodgeball team (of which SkipMagic is on) won the league championships. We were top seeded, too.

Of all the others posted, this is what I want.
Tomorrow.
I’m 37.

HAHA! That’s the same thing my dad said a week or so ago when I told him I couldn’t parallel park my Cavalier. :stuck_out_tongue:

Except we were in a Volvo, not a Freightliner. And then he proved it to me, the bastard.

My son’s father took him to State Farm this morning to pay for car insurance, and the ladies there wouldn’t let him leave (“for, like, a half hour” he said) because they wanted to coo at my kid and whatnot. They gave him a 12" teddy bear that has a baseball shirt (white with red sleeves) with the State Farm logo on the front and “Good Neighbear” on the back, which is like the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

Everyone loves my son, that’s what I’m getting at.

Oh, my mom tells me all the time how proud she is of me wrt how I’m raising my son, and what a good mom I am and stuff.

Then how do you explain the picture threads that pop up periodically?

Me, I got my hair colored for the first time in my life, and it was so good, the barber that did it said he would color his hair like mine as well :cool: . Also, I have an EXCELLENT sense of direction. I never get lost, no matter how new the environment is. I can retrace my steps, and find out a shorter route at the same time.

The Hell they don’t!

Meanwhile, it has been suggested, by someone who has been in the field (teaching in college and, before that, teaching special ed), that I write a book on my experiences in school and how to make things better.

Very impressive. Best of luck to you. :slight_smile:

I am not the best with computers but finally got some analog tracks converted to digital and now you can download two songs from my web site as of today. Hoorayy !! :smiley:

You’ve got 5 legs :eek:

What is that FROM? It’s gonna drive me crazy…

:slight_smile:
How old is he?

I got a 90 on my Criminlogy test - the highest grade in the class! And THEN he added a 6 point curve. 96 baby!! I am kicking ass this semester.

sidle, I believe it’s from “The Humpty Dance” by Digital Underground. Or whatever that song is called.

I bowled a 136, 106 and 140 tonight. Best night this season. My average is 106.

Wooo Me!

The Humpty Dance.

My brags: I have never been “killed” in a paint-ball match.

I am a natural horse-rider. Don’t do it much, but every time somebody comments “wow, you really know what you’re doing” or something.

Every game I have played for the first time (with one exception) I have won. My beginner’s luck is unstoppable. This includes Slots. I have a lifetime return on investment of 200% in slots. Yep, I won both times I played. :smiley:

I am really great at getting away with (non-criminal) things and weaseling out if caught. One time in middle school I set of a smoke bomb in the boys bathroom, and was caught red handed. Talked my way out and didn’t do a day of hard time (detention). A couple of weeks ago I smuggled a whole Pizza into a movie theater. Only way to watch, IMO.
Yeah, mine are pretty small time, but I make up for that in quantity.

Hey You! has the right to brag about this, too. Not only is he our fearless leader as we dodge the relentless army of balls, but he’s the heart of the team. You should see the way this guy moves!

Alrighty then,

And this too:
http://www.chrisbower.com/photo.aspx?id=317

My wonderful fiance who I am madly in love with. I am very happy right now.