I'll Kill The Bastards

I find it more than a little revealing that, although the OP said:

Homer asked:

Apparently, “American” and “white” are synonyms in Homer’s internal dictionary. Still want to deny you’re a racist?

"I prefer shows of the genre, “World’s Blankiest Blank.”

" But I think she means more along the lines of poor people who don’t work/take welfare when they could work, poor people who work then don’t do shit, union guys who lean on their shovels all day, that kind of thing. "

I’d say she only meant the first part, before the comma. But call me stupid, if you want…

Homer, I’m not saying you’re a true racist. But for god sakes think a little before you post man ! A lot of misunderstandings could ne easily avoided. See Pldenisons post - I’m pretty sure that’s not what you REALLY meant, but it did come across that way.

Just some more cents from me…

And actually, my accent is close to British, I’d say.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

You’re right, Coldfire, in r/l, it’s easier to just say shit and presume that people will know what you mean. 'Round here, you have to classify and explain yourself more. These people are from all walks of life and parts of country and origin, where as the people you talk to in r/l are either going to be close to you in those respects, and therefore likely hold the same inclinations and inferations (word?) as you, or you can see what they look like (age/race) and therefore, alter the manner in which you would convey a thought better to their way of thinking.

I didn’t mean all poor people did this. I didn’t mean all union workers did this. I meant there are some who do this and therefore, that’s what a lot of them are judged to be doing, and that’s probably what this person meant.

==Tim

I’m gonna change my name to Homer, CYA

We are the children of the Eighties. We are not the first “lost generation” nor today’s lost generation; in fact, we think we know just where we stand - or are discovering it as we speak.