I'm coming to NYC. Anyone wanna hang out?

Yeah, Barbarian, I know about the possible strike, but I’m hoping it’ll all blow over by next Thursday, when I plan to start seeing shows. If things are still sketchy by next Tuesday, I’ll put off my trip by yet another week. :frowning:

As for restaurants, I do remember that we had the Dopefest dinners at America mainly because it’s a big place that was willing to accomodate a big group. You’ll have to forgive my ignorance. (When Doperéal rolls around, it’s detop and I who choose the restaurants, because we know Montreal inside-out.)

Indian, Thai - both sound good. I’m not a picky eater. :slight_smile:

Sweetie, I’ll post to your LJ about plans.

I leave a week from tonight, I leave a week from tonight. I’m all giddy & stuff. Like a schoolgirl.

So, are we closer to deciding on a time and place to eat? I’m hoping 5 - 5:30 Friday the 9th is OK with you guys, especially those that work in the city. Otherwise Saturday’s fine as well.

NotWithoutRage: Yeah, that sounds cool, but it will work only if the Doper dinner is on Friday. You will introduce me to Ms. Chenoweth and Ms. Menzel? I promise not to babble about my show. I’ll just mention it in passing as the Next Big Thing. :wink:

scott, honey, somebody’s gotta take control and say “THIS IS WHERE WE ARE HAVING DINNER.” If that doesn’t happen, then people will throw out suggestions until the cows come home (and it’s about time they did, don’t you think? Dirty stay out cows.).

If it was left up to me, I’d have everybody come to Jack’s on 5th Ave in Brooklyn.

P.S., even if that’s not where we end up going, if you are staying in Brooklyn and like to have dinner there one night-- I’m up for it.

I’ve had to make “executive Dopefest decisions” several times when planning our annual Doperéal up here in Montreal - because people were either just throwing out suggestions, or saying “fine with me” … and surprise, no one has ever minded that I took the bull by the horns. (Cows, bulls, it’s all good.)

But you see, this isn’t my city. I’d certainly love going for Indian as Biggirl suggested - I love Indian - as long as we all eat family-style, of course.

Friday dinner in Brooklyn is a potential deal-breaker because I have to be in midtown by 7:45 at the very latest…

If the Thai place’s prix fixe means we each pay $15.95 and then can choose as much as we want off of a certain menu, that could also work great. Again, family-style.

I will make one decision, however: because of my Saturday afternoon/evening plans with NotWithoutRage, which might involve some schmoozing before running off to yet another show, I’d like the rest of us to get together on Friday, July 9 around 5:15-5:30 PM. That should give us plenty of time to eat, do the things that Dopers do at mini-Dopes, and for me to make a quick exit around 7:15, to get to midtown for my evening show.

I hope you all can make it. :slight_smile: Now, all we have to decide is Indian or Thai, someone has to make a reservation, and then post it here.

Zoltarb re: Jack’s on 5th Ave in Brooklyn

That’s would be great. After my Sunday matinee, I’ll have time to kill (and hopefully, money left) until I leave. The guy who’s putting me up in Brooklyn won’t be there, and told me that his roommates never are, either. So we can get together then if it’s feasible.

BTW I’m staying on 1460 Bedford in Brooklyn. Is that close to any of you?

I think this would work out best, and I hear the dishes are all under $10. However, I don’t know what the place is called, and we should make a reservation. I’m guessing we’ll be around 6 to 8 people, and 5:15 PM Friday the 9th I hope is a good time for everyone.

I’m going to have to mark myself tentative. I’m leaving for London next week, and it looks like my flight will be at 8 on Friday night… If that changes I’ll speak up.

Damn, when did I do that?

That was me, Biggirl, and not Zoltarb (who also loves Jack’s and Indian food and will probably be coming along for dinner.)

I should also mention that there is no way I can make into the city before 6:30 since I work far, far away.

Yeah, but it looked like Zoltarb, even if it “sounded” more like you, babe.

[Florida Evans]DAYUM! DAYUM DAYUM DAYUM![/FE] :frowning:

Saturday doesn’t work either, because I’ve made plans with NotWithoutRage, after which I’ll have to fly off to yet another show. :wink:

Biggirl, let’s do dinner Sunday evening in Brooklyn. How does that sound? Perhaps some of the others can make it. :slight_smile:

Not much to add here, just that I love, love, love Lombardi’s Pizza at 32 Spring Street.

People, people, people! Are there any left on board?

It seems Friday around 5:30 is bad for most people. I’m suggesting Sunday around 6, either at Jack’s on 5th in Brooklyn, or Indian in the East Village.

Help.

::sigh::

Sunday? Indian in the East Village, or Jack’s in Brooklyn?

Hope you get good plans worked out, Scott :frowning: I’m going to have to definitely back out, since my flight leaves at 8:01, I’ll be out of the city Friday night before you do the dinner thing. Have fun, though, and enjoy your trip :slight_smile:

Thanks. :slight_smile: I think if there is any meeting up for dinner, it’s going to have to be Sunday evening. There’s plenty of time still.

And I’m hoping to have a great time. I need inspiration, what with the show I’m writing with Curious Canuck shaping up and all.

Besides, I’m pretty sure I can get Biggirl to Jack’s on 5th in Brooklyn on Sunday. :wink:

I know I’m getting on board late, so seriously don’t chage things on my account, but I dunno if Bklyn is doable for me with the wheelchair - I think Biggirl said that Flatbush Ave.'s LIRR station is elevatored, but I dunno where it is in relation to Jack’s.

Could someone maybe let me know in this thread?

Scott, if i don’t catch you this time, I’m sure we’ll see each other in a few months.

It is within Dany-can-come-get-you-and-drive-you distance. I try to walk it once a week, but it’s a long slog in the heat.

E-mail me.

Cosmopolitan, babe, that would be amazing. I needs me some CosmoLovin’®. :smiley:

OK, just wanted to remind you that I’ll be leaving town Wednesday at midnight (unless the keys don’t come), so I hope we can figure something out between now and then that I can add to my social calendar. :slight_smile:

Indian food is cool. What happens is that you have restaurant after restaurant lined up, one after another, usually with the owner calling out the prices in the front trying to lure you in. We can go to any of them; only limitation is size of the group, because some of them are kinda narrow.

Bonus! That part of E. 6th street is also across the street from the temple that used to be St. Mark’s Lutheran. We can look at the brand-new General Slocum plaque.

scott evil, the strike talks are starting up again today. Go to theatermania, Playbill, or better yet All That Chat or Broadwaystars for the latest.

OK, I kind of thought we were doing Jack’s in Brooklyn on Sunday… But Indian in the East Village sounds cool, too. (And it’s true, now that I think of it, every Indian restaurant I’ve ever been to has been very narrow…) My only concern is if Cosmopolitan can make it into the City and be picked up by someone…

From playbill.com (bolding mine):