I'm done. Finally.

Congrats!

Good show.

Congratulations.

My god, you didn’t kill the professor? Congratulations!

I did, actually. There were more than a few that were happy when the semester ended, I assure you. I had a bit of a reputation around the Political Science department as being “contentious”, as my one professor put it. I assume she knew what to look forward to when she saw my name on her list.

OK, now that my celebration is over (involving copious amounts of alcohol from my friends), I will express my biggest disappointment:

My mother did not make the graduation. She gave me holy hell for 14 years about my failure to get through college, she gave me hell about my comparatively poor grades (she was valedictorian of her high school and graduated summa from Duquesne), she beat me to death about every choice that I ever made, but she couldn’t be troubled to make my graduation. She’s in Colorado right now visiting my sister and her grandson.

Of all the times she could have picked. She didn’t even trouble herself to call me today. Apparently her call last night was good enough. Not for me. Her only son, her first child to graduate college, and she couldn’t be assed to show up? My dad made it, and I rarely even see him anymore.

OK, I’m done being bitter. I’m done, and nothing can take that away from me.

I have a BA in PoliSci!

You’re always welcome at Wal-Ma…FRIAR TED IS BEATEN TO DEATH

Well done, Sarge Doors!

And such a shame that your mother was on your case about a degree and no-showed to graduation. I can sympathize.

If there is any consolation, you are the boy named Sue. You had the gumption and determination to earn that degree for yourself, and you have the scars to prove it. No one can take that away from you.

So what kind of a job to you want?

Wanna take my poli-sci final for me tomorrow? :smiley:

Just teasing. Congrats!

Congratulations! Enjoy your victory.

Congrats!

But it’s not over yet. You still have a few years left of dreaming you missed the finals, didn’t make enough points per year to graduate, didn’t hand in your final paper, attended the wrong classes. You get the picture. ;p

I, too, have a BA in Political Science. After a brief stint in law school where I discovered that I’d rather spend time with my new husband than trying to read Modern Property Law, I dropped out. No regrets there.

Congratulations!!!

Let me also add my congrats to the pile.

Greetings! fellow Political Scientist!

<Picture the both of us in lab coats and safety goggles, with lots of bubbling beakers and Van De Graff generators and Tesla coils etc.> :cool:

Congratulations hon!!

Do your feet get tangled up?

Congrats! I have a BA in English, with a minor in Poli Sci (I think I was two courses shy of a second minor in History). I swiftly learned after graduation that that qualified me to operate a paint brush for a construction company. It only took a little extra post-secondary education from an adult education facility that doesn’t have silly things like “tests” or “grades” to get me sufficiently up to speed for a decent job working for The Man in a multi-national corporation. Not that I’m bitter or anything…

Best of luck moving forward from here!

Congratulations! My sister got one of those. She ended up as a lawyer, but there’s no reason you have to meet that awful fate. There are plenty of other jobs with that background.

That sucks. Sorry she didn’t make it. Heck, considering how much grief you’ve experienced though your schooling, I think a Doper contingent would have made it out to your graduation!

Congrats!

Good on you!

I am very proud of you and your determination!

Forget your mom. You will never live up to her expectations nor will you receive the approval you want. Approval comes from within. ( Also, you just cannot compete against a baby.)